Ffs! Update!

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Isobelle stayed over at MIL's lastnight whist me and OH had night out, but I am starting to have doubts about it in the future.

She just text saying she is still sleeping, which means she has only had 1 feed today when she normally is almost on her 3rd out of 5 for the day. Her only feed was at 8am, now 4hrs later she is in HER bed sleeping!

This means when I get her back later her routine gonna be messed up! All she does is get her to sleep instead of playing with her etc.

I am grateful she has her overnight but I'm starting to regret getting into the habit now..

X

UPDATE -- So annoyed

I just knew Isobelle's routine would be put out :( When she was at MIL's Friday night and half of Saturday day time, she only had 4x7oz bottles and has continued this up until now, whereas before she would be fed every 3hours on the dot, therefor having 5x7oz bottles and STTN. Now she dosen't even cry for a bottle so I just feed her every 4hours, not wanting to over feed her, but the past 2 nights she has woken at 2am (managing to avoid feed) and then at 4am, and this morning just had to feed her. So now my whole routine and amount has been totally screwed. She isn't supposed to have alot because of her weight but my calculations say if she goes every 3hrs thats 6 bottles of 7oz = 42oz and thats WAY too much. But if she goes 7oz every 4hrs thats 5 bottles = 35oz which is what she used to be on and STTN. But my problem is come her 5th bottle at 9pm tonight she will be asleep and we are gonna go through the same again! :dohh:

Any ideas on how to get her back into her normal routine? Or do I just follow what she is telling me now?

I thought I was doing brilliantly with her routine lol and she was STTN...

Please dont judge me...

:cry: :shrug:

Isobelle might go back to your routine really easy, have words with your MIL and ask her to stick to your routine otherwise she wont have her as often... :flower:

Can you tell her to stick to the routine or it'll mess up her bedtime and you won't leave her again?

her routine shouldnt be messed up. my son when he was a baby used to sleep longer and more in mil's and in my mums house. when he came back he was fine

Nothing wrong with going 4 hour between a feed, your lo isn't going to feed every 2 hours forever? Maybe she doesn't need feeding as often as you give it?

Has she been asleep from 8 til now or is she just having a nap? I am bit confused really.

My Lo slept loads still at 3 months and was asleep more than awake I think.

I think you should be more thankful really, our kids aren't robots, so you may have a shit day cos she's not been in her normal routine, it really doesn't matter!!!

I've never had a routine personally, far less stressful :D

abit off topic but nicole rarely naps for more then 30mins twice a day but currently shes back up in our bed with daddy having her 2nd nap and its not even lunchtime yet. when hes off she goes into a different routine.

My LO stops at my mams every sat night, she has done she she was a week old (she only lives 15/20min walk from mine) and she often put's my LO in her bed for her morning naps which i don't mind aslong as my LO's getting a good sleep. Some morning's my LO sleeps alot, and sometime's she doesn't, i wouldn't worry, your routine won't be ruined, or if tonight's abit diffrent, it'll be back to normal tomorrow. :)

She roughly goes 3hours normally for a feed but it just feels to me like MIL just wants her to sleep all time lol. When I am there with Isobelle and she ccries first thing she says is 'awww tired baby' but im her mum and I know her tired signs and it frigs the hell outta me.

I dont have a routine as such, only bed time really and Isobelle STTN so I must be doing summat right and I dont want that affected because she wants her asleep while she got her.

Whoever said I should be grateful, if you read my thread properly I did say I was thankful and I appreciate it. And of course babies arent robots im not an idiot but I dont want her confused with what happens with me and then someone else.

Thing is if she's tired she will sleep, if she's not tired she won't. Plus 4 hours between feeds is good :)

I can understand why you're frustrated cause you like your routine, but when they go to other people although you tell them your routine sometimes things change which then alter it. This is why I write a list out for MIL of 'rough times' and then I said she can see when he wants what he wants when she's with him cause he'll let her know. Though she knows he can't nap after 4.30pm and should be in bed by 7pm (no earlier) but depending on him when he stays there, it can be later if he really doesn't want to go to bed. So just write her a 'rough guide' or tell her and then she can only follow it as best she can. LOs are unpredictable :)

She roughly goes 3hours normally for a feed but it just feels to me like MIL just wants her to sleep all time lol. When I am there with Isobelle and she ccries first thing she says is 'awww tired baby' but im her mum and I know her tired signs and it frigs the hell outta me.

I dont have a routine as such, only bed time really and Isobelle STTN so I must be doing summat right and I dont want that affected because she wants her asleep while she got her.

Whoever said I should be grateful, if you read my thread properly I did say I was thankful and I appreciate it. And of course babies arent robots im not an idiot but I dont want her confused with what happens with me and then someone else.

I sound like your MIL! :haha:

I'm a total sleep nazi when it comes to my LO - nearly every fuss is interpreted as tiredness and I'm very gung ho about making sure she gets enough sleep during the day because I've seen how grouchy she gets whens she doesn't.

The good thing is though, that whether my LO has only had 3 hours of naps a day or 6 hours, she always STTN. And there is no getting her to sleep when she's not really tired, so if your LO is asleep atm, she probably needs it.

It was me! I wasn't saying it to imply you are an idiot and when I said you should be grateful I think half the time people slag iff the MIL just because they are the MIL :haha:

Your lo will sleep if she is tired, if she's not tired she won't sleep. To be honest the only time my lo does actually cry is if he is tired (of course he cries at other times if he's hungry or not happy etc but his main bulk of crying is tiredness)

If you are going to have others look after lo then it isn;t going to be the same as normal, different people and different environment. But it isn't the end of the world if things don't go to plan.

The other thing you can do is write done a routine you want MIL to follow to the letter, but (as was intended with my robot comment) life doesn't always go to a planned routine.

Chill out about it :) Oh and my lo doesn't sttn and I'm not doing anything wrong!

See if she will go back to her routine when you get home.

Xanthia slept from 7pm until 9am lastnight.. Missed her 6.30am feed and had her usual 9.30 feed but thats it..
She went back to sleep at 11 and is still asleep.. Shes due her 4th feed at 3 but she hasnt even had her second feed yet :S
X

Yeah I would be annoyed too..... Jamie sleeps through the night and has regular daytime naps and feeds. He is really settled and I find having a routine is far less stressful that 'just going with it' That said, babies seem to be pretty adaptable and once in while if she stays with you MIL then I am sure it will be ok. From my own experience it can make the following day a little tiresome but overall I think you'll be ok.
I think you should clearly write out what/how/when you do stuff. Ask if she could perhaps follow it as closely as possible and go from there. It is so hard expecting someone else to fall in to what you do. I must admit, that is why I do not leave Jamie , except in the evenings because I know I can go out and he wont wake up. I leave Mum with the monitor and off we go.
She finds it really boring because he just is asleep lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->