Fiancé asked me to marry him...again! Kind of...lol

Carlinator

Cautiously expecting #2
Reaction score
So my fiancé and I have been together 2 years, living together almost 2 years (in June)...we got engaged almost right away. We've gone through some rough times but we bought a house together last summer and things are going awesome, and ttc to boot!

I had wanted a wedding originally before ttc but we are not super traditional/religious so it didn't really make a huge difference. But I'd been wanting a wedding for so long, and had just put it out of my mind because I figured we would just have to wait and save for at least another year or so.

But last night my guy actually said we could get married this summer or this fall if I wanted to, when he finishes building the deck in the back yard (that's where we're going to have the ceremony and reception). It was kind of a shock!

I would love to do it ASAP but I can't help but wonder about things like, how much notice do we need to give? Most of my friends and family are coming from several states away, an his family is 4 hours away, so I feel like 3 months minimum notice...

Not to mention I'm gonna have to way scale it down from what I originally wanted (was going medium budget for about $4k) to about half of that or less. I've had some friends who had great weddings for just a few hundred. Should I even bother considering saving money by doing the cooking myself (probably 20-30 people)?!...

Do you think it's possible to do a decent wedding with <$2k and 3 months planning?! If we put it off til fall there's the possibility of having to buy a maternity dress if we fall pregnant (I have a regular one already lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->