Fiance won’t lay off

kuriazuri

Reaction score
I’ve always been a bit of a picky eater. It doesn’t take much to fill me up and before we moved in together I rarely even ate dinner. After he moved in, we cook great meals and he was constantly insisting I eat. In 6 months I gained 10 lbs. when we decided we really wanted to start ttc I figured it would take awhile and that I could drop the 10 extra pounds first. Well that wasn’t the case! 🙄 Annoyed but not the end of the world. Since finding out, He has been like a watch dog. The nausea has been pretty brutal and meat is difficult to smell let alone eat right now. He is constantly insisting I need to eat protein and is critiquing my choice of an English muffin as a bedtime snack commenting ‘i don’t think you need that, you need protein’ i fluctuate with about 5 lbs of bloat since finding out 4 weeks ago. It’s only week 7 and I know for a fact I can’t take 33 more weeks of this. This is my third baby so i know my belly is bigger than If it was my first obviously. With my first i survived entirely on blueberry bagels, oj and hot tamales my first trimester 😂 I’m hoping the doctor will remind him it’s a tiny tiny thing and doesn’t need me ‘eating for two’ Anyone else’s SO trippin?

That must be really fustrating x i guess he is only doing it because he cares but he is going way over the top x exolain to him how you feel and that its difficult to eat most things atm. Maybe once youve had a few more replies you could show him this thread. Outside opinion might maje him realise xx plus you ciuld explain situation to midwife and she might be able to have a wird with him?

My husband was the same way!! They are absolutely doing it out of love but they truly cannot understand how difficult it is to stomach certain smells (let alone chew and swallow certain food items!).
My husband came along with me to a 10 week appt and I asked the doctor about nausea and how meats especially were very difficult for me to be around/eat and she told us that was one of the most common aversions.. then my husband said "yes but she needs to force her way through it, right? Because the baby needs it." it was amazing how my Doc's eyebrows went up and she said, flatly "any food at all right now is good food. The nausea can make women feel like they have the worst flu you can imagine for the entirety of the first trimester. If she can swallow ice cream that night, that is a win. If it happens to be chicken, thats also a win. Right now, its about simply getting something into her stomach because often, that is a feat itself."
I WANTED TO GIVE HER A STANDING OVATION. it was all said very nicely, and my husband absolutely laid off the nagging after that.
Moral of the story - bring him to the doctor and have them spell it out for him.

Tell him if he's got a tummy bug, and feels sick all the time, and you kept forcing him to eat this and that, he'd be annoyed. Just tell him to back off a bit with it.

You're not eating for two, you don't have to be the healthiest of eaters for baby to still turn out okay! Plus I'm sure in the beginning baby relies on the yolk sac before the placenta takes over.

Baby takes advantage of all the nutrients that you do digest. Hopefully once the nausea has passed (fingers crossed it's gone by second tri for you!) you can then concentrate on balanced diets etc. Although, some women have food aversions the entire pregnancy. And you can get protein from MANY other foods which are far healthier, and probably more nutritious all round.

Thank you ladies!!! I certainly plan on taking him to the dr with me on Wednesday and hopefully she will do the explaining for me! And thank you for the list, bright eyes! I do eat oikios triple 0 yogurt which has 15 grams of protein so i know I’m getting some. Thank you again! I feel much better knowing I’m not the only one!

Protein is the last thing I would wanna eat in first tri, and I'm a meat loving crazy person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->