Final two week stretch - anyone with me??

I'm due in 14 days. I have a c-section scheduled unless she decides to come earlier. I would like to join too. Feeling really anxious and ready to see her and know she is healthy and okay. My husband and I TTC for three years and sold our house to do 6 rounds of IVF. So it seems surreal to be here, and I just want to see my baby and hold her to know its real. Sounds kind if crazy but I'm so scared something will go wrong last minute.

Good luck and I'm sure everything will be fine x

Hi everyone, Austin arrived yesterday weighing 9lb 2oz after a 3 hour labour! Managed to get in the birthing centre and use the pool etc so am very happy. Hope you guys are all doing OK.

Woo hoo congratulations! Lovely quick labour, glad you got to use the pool etc :)

I'm due in 14 days. I have a c-section scheduled unless she decides to come earlier. I would like to join too. Feeling really anxious and ready to see her and know she is healthy and okay. My husband and I TTC for three years and sold our house to do 6 rounds of IVF. So it seems surreal to be here, and I just want to see my baby and hold her to know its real. Sounds kind if crazy but I'm so scared something will go wrong last minute.

That doesn't sound crazy at all, I'm sure most people would feel the same way if they'd gone though so much to get their LO :hugs:. Not long now until your little miracle is here! :)

For those that have had cervical checks in labor and before labor, is there a big difference? I found them SO painful when I was in labor with #1 and never had any before I went into labor with him. I haven't had any so far this time yet either, but I am quite curious and may have them do it at my next appointment. Does it hurt??

TBH I find cervical checks pre-labour horrible, and sweeps even worse, I'm terrible with them! But fine with cervical checks in labour. I've heard people say that their MW checked them at the wrong point (usually as they were going into a contraction) which made it super sore, so maybe that was the case for you, in which case your check at your appointment will be a walk in the park! Good luck!

AFM I'm a bit crampy in my stomach and thighs, I had a little blood when I wiped this morning and got excited thinking it might be the start of my bloody show but nothing else has come of it, so I'm guessing not. No contractions since Sunday night either, I think I'm going backwards :haha:

Joining two days early :O but I'm feeling like such a cranky butt. I'm so ready to have her already! My envy is super green seeing all my prego friends have their babies, I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs! I've had cramping since 34 weeks and every day I'm just feeling so blah. I shouldn't complain because my pregnancy has been relatively easy and healthy. But I'm also really petite and not showing much for being almost 38 weeks so it's really uncomfortable to even lay down, my stomach feels so stretched.

I'm hoping she'll come next week 😣

I think I was only checked 3-4 times with my last (all in labor, nothing before), but I wasn't feeling contractions even though I was having them. Sooo I have no idea if checks coincided with contractions! :/ I'm leaning towards not getting checked tomorrow. We'll see how I feel when I get in. I'm already really anxious about this birth, way more than my first, so I don't want to be anxious and in unnecessary pain on top of it!

I have a doctors appt tomorrow so maybe I will get an ultrasound. Haven't had one done since 24 weeks and doctor says she is unable to tell baby's position. I'm hoping I get a peek in there tomorrow to see if she is okay. No clue to her approximate weight or size and it would be nice to have some answers to ease my mind. 12 days to go

Hi guys just to let you know contractions started midnight Friday night and then my yellow bump turned blue 5.50am Saturday 12th morning at 40+5 weighing 7lb 15oz named Riley. He's had a really rough start and has had to have loads of tests done as they think he has some sort of syndrome and has also got holes in his heart but he's perfect to me and hopefully everything turns out to be nothing or whatever it is we deal with it. He's perfect to me and that's all the matters . We're still in hospital and I've developed an infection now but hopefully we will be home soon and then I'll catch up with everyone properly.

Congrats choc I'm sure he was worth the wait.

Hi guys just to let you know contractions started midnight Friday night and then my yellow bump turned blue 5.50am Saturday 12th morning at 40+5 weighing 7lb 15oz named Riley. He's had a really rough start and has had to have loads of tests done as they think he has some sort of syndrome and has also got holes in his heart but he's perfect to me and hopefully everything turns out to be nothing or whatever it is we deal with it. He's perfect to me and that's all the matters . We're still in hospital and I've developed an infection now but hopefully we will be home soon and then I'll catch up with everyone properly.

Congrats choc I'm sure he was worth the wait.

Congratulations on the birth of baby Riley! So sorry to hear he's had a rough start, I hope the test results bring good news and you're both home soon :hugs:

Congrats on the birth of your little one xLaura! I hope everything turns out ok and you're able to head home soon.

I had my 38 week appt today and again declined a cervical check, but my midwife was surprised to see me still pregnant lol. (I had my first at 34+6!) She recommended a handful of natural labor starters, so I picked up evening primrose oil, clary sage and dates on my way home!

I had my 38 week appt today and again declined a cervical check, but my midwife was surprised to see me still pregnant lol. (I had my first at 34+6!) She recommended a handful of natural labor starters, so I picked up evening primrose oil, clary sage and dates on my way home!

Clary sage oil and EPO seemed t work for me with DD, good luck! :happydance:

Congrats Laura on the birth!! And good luck to those still waiting!!

I can finally join this thread. Im due oct 1 but I have a c section scheduled for September 29 as my baby is breech.

I have a question on EPO. I haven't taken it before during my pregnancy. So could I still use it at 38 weeks? I read you usually start at 35 weeks then up the dosage at 38. Would it still help my cervix if just barely starting it?

It could definitely help, I've read people using it and going into labour within a couple of days, I know it can't MAKE you go into labour but a couple of capsules inserted (most effective way I think) could tip the balance. Bigger doses at a later stage seem more effdctive than taking them for ages from what I've read

My midwife only just recommended them yesterday and I was 38+4. I have a history of preterm birth though, so no one thought I'd still be pregnant right now lol. She said the max dose was 2000mg, so I'm taking 1000 in the AM and 1000 in the PM, both orally. I haven't taken them vaginally, but she said that was an option too.

All is good here! My c section is scheduled for 1230 October 5th. So just counting down the days unless she comes early!

Lots of contractions while out and about today, some quite painful. I had a bunch last night too, and increased mucus-plug type stuff. I took a nap after getting home after being out walking all day though, and the contractions eased off. I think it's picking up... just seems to be taking its time. I'm honestly okay with it because my first labor was very very fast. I would like to see this baby born in the next couple days though!!

Oh -- and at my MW appointment on Wednesday, they said it's hospital policy to induce at 31+5, so I have an absolute end date in sight. Obviously I'd like to go before that and avoid induction, but I no longer feel like this could go on forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->