finally finished santa sleigh (pic added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm so late with this. I finally finished the sleigh, which I built to use as my advent, and I've still got to buy 22 more books and then wrap all 24. And I live in the US so we have Thanksgiving this coming week and will be busy busy with that. But here is the sleigh at least. I was thinking about adding some snowflakes or something to the sides, but might just leave it simple as is...what do you think? And the countdown star is not attached yet so do you like it in the center on front like it is in pic or would you move it to the side? Any ideas welcome..

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 88
There is no picture? :shrug: would love to see though.

Aww this is a fantastic idea!! Snowflakes on the side sound good :D

aww that is really good, I would probably put the star on the side as I guess you will want to fill the sleigh with books.

Wow! I would love one of those!

How strange the pic I can see is mrs_t profile pic?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
Wow thats great! How did you make it?

I drew out a pattern for the side of the sleigh on poster board and cut it out. Then I traced it (twice) onto a sheet of 1/2 inch thick birch wood, and cut those out with a jigsaw. I bought a 10" wide, 1 inch thick piece of wood and made 3 straight cuts across for the seat, back and front. Then predrilled holes (or else wood will split) and screwed it all together. Back and front are angled so I used paintable caulk to fill in gaps. (you can use a miter saw to make angled cuts but I've only used it once and so this was easier) And painted. It was a fairly easy project, tbh. My lo loves sitting in it (I knew she would so I used a thicker wood for the seat and 1.5 inch screws) and pushing her stuffies around in it. Not sure what she'll do once I put the books in it for her advent calendar LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"