Finally getting my fat ass into gear

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Well now i am winding down my contract which means i get some time off and can start to look at things for the baby :) She is not due till march (mothers day) although i will put money on it she will be early!! (most 1st babies in the family are).

I have now bought a few things on ebay in the last 2 weeks :)
- Bundle of newborn clothes newborn to 3 months
- Bundle of baby girls clothes 3-6 months
- 2 Growbags 0-6 months
- Bidding on a travel cot which as a bassinet bit inside as she might not fit into a moses basket.

This means that i have enough clothes to see what kind of size i need to buy when she comes along as she is going to be a very long baby.
(will pick up vests, tights, babygrow and a couple of different sized coming home outfits new in the sales)

Last night for some ungodly reason ( which may or may not have had something to with wanting ben and jerrys ice-cream at midnight) meant i was in tesco and as i wandered around I picked up
- Johnsons Shampoo (1/2 price)
- Johnsons Baby wash (1/2 price)
- Johnsons baby wipes BOGOF standard and the one and a special sensitive ones
- Huggies baby wipes (£1 for a big pack)

I have bad skin(Eczema) and i only have a small range of things i can use so i though if i have a couple of different things that i can try on the baby then i can find what works.

I have my case in for my hospital bag and this is someone out of the way which means as i find things or buy things to go in i can just pop them in while i think about it. I have another small case for baby stuff which i will bring in after christmas and start populating this the same way. Plan on having both cases preeminently packed and ready by the end of Jan.... MIL has secured a teddy and had a shawl made for taking the baby home in (she had them made when i married the husband 9 years ago but its take a time to get pregnant). So they will have to go in as well :)

Husband and I will be hitting Ikea after christmas to pick up the furniture for the babys room and i am arranging my dad to come and help him carry things upstairs.

Starting to get excited now! Hoping it will take my mind off the actually giving birth bit which i have to say still terrifies me! I am hoping that the midwife has found me an antenatal class as there all full up to when i am due to give birth :dohh:

Loopy :happydance:

Awwww glad your getting things sorted... i think i did it all too soon by the time i was 20 weeks i had everything but a cot!!(which im getting in jan) so i have a nursery full of clothes toys ect but no baby!!! i was so impatient that i had to get it all in advance!!!

Now im itching to get more but lil man doesnt need anything!!

mother kept going on about it being bad luck but husband only recently finished fitting the wooden flooring so not really been able to but furniture in :) Now i have started to buy things i really need somewhere to put them....

Yea i remember having bags and bags of stuff piling up on the spare bed so glad hes got a lil cupboard and some drawers .... still dont seem to have anywhere to put anything though!

looking forward to that being my own problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->