Finally in the 2nd Trimester:)

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Im just wanted to say hello:) I am just starting my 2nd tri. I have a doc appt tomorrow so hopefully everything is going well. I do have a question, I have been having trouble sleeping for about the last week or so. I know Im supposed to sleep on my side but I cant get much sleep that way, Im so much more comfortable on my back. Any suggestions??

Well here is what works for me, I lay on my side and stack two pillows behind my back so that I have more support allowing me to roll a bit more. Hope that makes sense.

Congratz! and Welcome to the 2nd Tri :hugs:

Well here is what works for me, I lay on my side and stack two pillows behind my back so that I have more support allowing me to roll a bit more. Hope that makes sense.

Yup, thats what I do too.
Also try having a pillow between your knees, that really helps too.

So you just stack 2 regular size pillows behind your back? I will have to try that tonight and see if it helps! I am soooo tired of not being able to sleep well, waking up every hour to reposition or to pee.

I ordered this pillow called "The Big V Pillow" its a maternity/nursing pillow shaped like a v sorta... And you can use it in a few differant positions. Has anyone tried it before?
https://www.bigvpillow.com/

Looks like your about as far along as me :) I was thinking it may be time to get a pillow but the ones I found were like 100+ dollars. I seem to need to change positions pretty often when I sleep.

Welcome to the second trimester!!

As for sleeping on your back, I know the ideal thing is not to but during both of my pregnancies, I had no choice as the pregnancies progressed due to sciatica and SPD, and all was well. I think Mother nature will soon let you know if there was a problem with you doing it, there are many people who are not even aware of this 'ideal' and it is not as if the first thing the Doctor tells you is NOT to sleep on your back. As I said not many people know about this and they have no problems!

Enjoy your second trimester hun and good luck at the Docs! :hugs:x

Luckyme, look at the big v website. I paid I think 55 for that pillow at mommysthinkin.com off the big v site. My friend that told me about it said it was a miracle pillow and that she used it all through her pregnancy, after for nursing and she still loves to sleep with it. She swore it was worth the investment! I should be getting it in a couple of days so I can let you know how I like it.

It is annoying to have to change positions ALL night long, isnt it? It seems weird to me because I dont have much of a belly yet, do you?

Don't worry about how you sleep. I know they say its best not to sleep on your back, but I end up either on my back or my tummy. Can't help it. It's the only way I can sleep. Just try to find what is most comfortable for you!

Looks like your about as far along as me :) I was thinking it may be time to get a pillow but the ones I found were like 100+ dollars. I seem to need to change positions pretty often when I sleep.

dont splurge on a pillow---u can use the pillows u already have---most people have extras lying around anyway--- i would just put one behind ur back on one side and one between ur knees and try that --- or u could get a body pillow like the ones they sell everywhere for like $10-$20 and they work just fine ---try walmart or meijer or any department store in ur area they all carry them and they resemble the maternity pillows

Don't worry about how you sleep. I know they say its best not to sleep on your back, but I end up either on my back or my tummy. Can't help it. It's the only way I can sleep. Just try to find what is most comfortable for you!

wow--u can still sleep on ur stomach--- i lost that ability after the first month--- and hey sleeping on ur back is harmless-- in the first few months---besides i know people who slept on their back the whole time---it didnt affect baby one bit---- sleep however u feel comfortable besides ur going to end up shifting and tossing throughout the night anyway --- so even if u started on ur side ur likely to end up on ur back

personally---i find the half back position best--- i stick a pillow on one side of my back and sleep on my back and then its like im sleeping on my side cause im not completely on my back in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->