Finally! MW appointmernt today!!!

XxCalxX

Reaction score
Its finally here! feel like ive been waiting forever! first appointment today,so happy i can finally talk to someone other than my OH about this pregnancy!

Few questions for anyone whos in the UK and already had their first appointment... will i get to hear the heartbeat? and will they be able to tell me an actual DD instead of my EDD? also any info on what else they will do would be helpfull..thanks! :)

I have mine today too!
You won't get to hear the heartbeat (I didn't hear Liam's till 16 weeks) and it should still be your EDD till your first scan!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

hmm.. i was hoping i would hear the heartbeat to make it all sink in a bit more!ahwell..

aw good luck to you aswell :)

Well you never know, I have heard of some midwife's letting people listen early but I know mine won't till 16 weeks, may be different for you, always worth an ask.

im sure it stays as an EDD on your notes that you carry around with you. only difference is it will be a more accurate EDD after your dating scan around 12weeks. i heard my sons heartbeat when i was 8weeks at my doctors as my doctor gets excited at hearing babys heartbeats :) so definately ask as its worth a shot. your first app will usually last roughly half an hour as the midwife will need to find out all the medical history from both yours and the babys dads family to determine if your low,medium or high risk pregnancy. your weight will also be checked and take a urine sample with you as that will get checked everytime you go to see her. you will go home with many leaflets etc so be prepared for alot of reading lol but otherwise go and enjoy it :)

im sure it stays as an EDD on your notes that you carry around with you. only difference is it will be a more accurate EDD after your dating scan around 12weeks. i heard my sons heartbeat when i was 8weeks at my doctors as my doctor gets excited at hearing babys heartbeats :) so definately ask as its worth a shot. your first app will usually last roughly half an hour as the midwife will need to find out all the medical history from both yours and the babys dads family to determine if your low,medium or high risk pregnancy. your weight will also be checked and take a urine sample with you as that will get checked everytime you go to see her. you will go home with many leaflets etc so be prepared for alot of reading lol but otherwise go and enjoy it :)

ok thanks.. do you reckon for now i can just tell them i dont think theres any problems in familys medical history, as i havent seen my real dad since i was about 4,so dont know his medical history,and not planning on telling my mum im pregnant till after this appointment so cant ask her..

I had my booking in appointment yesterday, it was mainly filling in forms and taking bloods but she did offer to have a little listen - but because i was told it was only filling in forms i told my OH that he didn't need to come along... i had to say no to the MW as i didn't want him to miss out!...As much as i wanted a sneaky listen! Luckily my scan is on Sunday so i won't have to wait too long! :happydance:

I had my booking in appointment yesterday, it was mainly filling in forms and taking bloods but she did offer to have a little listen - but because i was told it was only filling in forms i told my OH that he didn't need to come along... i had to say no to the MW as i didn't want him to miss out!...As much as i wanted a sneaky listen! Luckily my scan is on Sunday so i won't have to wait too long! :happydance:

aww shame your OH wasnt there then! you did the right thing though,more special if you hear it together..! good luck for your scan :)

Just about to leave for my appointment now, nervous about the blood tests! :(

Good luck for your appointment today, hope the blood test goes well.

i have mine at 1pm today, hoping to hear heartbeat even though boyfriend won't be there with me. excited :)

i have mine at 1pm today, hoping to hear heartbeat even though boyfriend won't be there with me. excited :)

mines at 1 aswell, it is very exciting! :) good luck with your appointment :)

Back from mine now, was only half hour. Was pretty straightforward and my bloods were much more relaxed than the first MW appoint with Liam. I have a new midwife this time round, think the other has left thank god lol.
Also she strangely put me forward to 9 weeks instead despite giving the same date of my LMP. Oh well might get a scan earlier :D

I had mine yesterday! It was so nice too finally get the process started! We spent an hour together - she just asked me lots of medical history questions and took my weight, blood pressure and urine sample.

I was given an EDD of 28 December :) I am certain that will move at the dating scan. But for now she's put me at 10 weeks so I'm a week ahead of my ticker! Have to wait until next Tuesday to call the scanning division to book my first scan. Blood tests in 2 weeks! Very exciting.

How come you could hear the heartbeat with the midwife? Mine is just in my GP surgery - there's no machine....

Well my midwife is based at an Ante-Natal Clinic/Birthing Centre, i wasn't expecting to be offered a scan at my booking appointment at all but it's reassuring to know that i have the option, especially when i next go back and see her for a routine check-up at 16 weeks.

:baby:

I had mine yesterday! It was so nice too finally get the process started! We spent an hour together - she just asked me lots of medical history questions and took my weight, blood pressure and urine sample.

I was given an EDD of 28 December :) I am certain that will move at the dating scan. But for now she's put me at 10 weeks so I'm a week ahead of my ticker! Have to wait until next Tuesday to call the scanning division to book my first scan. Blood tests in 2 weeks! Very exciting.

How come you could hear the heartbeat with the midwife? Mine is just in my GP surgery - there's no machine....

My midwife is at the surgery too but they use a doppler to listen.

My appointment went well :) my midwife was really lovely and was talking through eveything with me and OH for about an hour. Had blood test wich was a bit painful cos she put the needle in my right arm but couldn't get it in the vain so had to do it again in the other arm..blood pressure was quite low but MW said its quite normal in early pregnancy.

Got a ton of magazines and leaflets to read through and now just got to wait for letter through for scan! :)

My appointment went well :) my midwife was really lovely and was talking through eveything with me and OH for about an hour. Had blood test wich was a bit painful cos she put the needle in my right arm but couldn't get it in the vain so had to do it again in the other arm..blood pressure was quite low but MW said its quite normal in early pregnancy.

Got a ton of magazines and leaflets to read through and now just got to wait for letter through for scan! :)

same, all went well, did try and use doppler but could only hear whooshing noise she did say she didnt expect to hear it really, and guess they dont want to lie u there for ages lookin as its probably more worrying!
so scan in 2-3 weeks and then see her again 22nd :D exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->