Finally pregnancy after 2 years trying...but terrified

maybaby2018

Reaction score
So me and my OH were tying for nearly 2 years, and we finally got our BFP 2 weeks ago, so we had a scan done at 4 weeks + 6, and there was just a sac, I'm going back again on Tuesday but I'm so scared that I'm not going to see anything, we've wanted this for a long time and I can't help but just feel like something is going to go wrong...I should be happy that she said everything was consistent with how far along I was, but nerves are just getting the better of me :(

Congratulations!! I think it's totally normal to only see that as it's so early - I'm sure you'll see more this time! It's normal to be nervous - try and enjoy it and relax (I know easier said than done!). Are you having any symptoms? X

I've had sore boobs for the last few weeks and I'm completely off food, I absolutely love halloumi cheese normally and the thought of that right now makes me want to throw up..haven't had any sickness just yet though..

I think sickness doesn't start right away and a lot of people never get it - you'll notice if your symptoms vanish (although don't panic if you stop noticing them as they may just change and something else will replace them!). If you're having symptoms, and everything seems to be going well, then I think it's going well!
Honestly just try and enjoy every second - you've been waiting for so long you should treasure it. If anything did happen (which it won't), it would hurt no matter what, so don't try and prepare for the worst, be positive and happy and enjoy it xx

Yeah the sore boobs are on and off, but the feeling completely off food has started the last few days! I can normally eat for Britain! The only thing I can stomach is a McDonald's cheeseburger, I had the exact same thing with my first baby 5 years ago along with terrible morning sickness!

Thank you for the support xx

So me and my OH were tying for nearly 2 years, and we finally got our BFP 2 weeks ago, so we had a scan done at 4 weeks + 6, and there was just a sac, I'm going back again on Tuesday but I'm so scared that I'm not going to see anything, we've wanted this for a long time and I can't help but just feel like something is going to go wrong...I should be happy that she said everything was consistent with how far along I was, but nerves are just getting the better of me :(

This is the exact reason why I don't want to go for an early ultrasound. I know if I go I won't see much and that is just going to answer one question and allow me to obsess on something new. I believe the earliest that you really see anything is about 6 weeks so it doesn't surprise me that you didn't see much.

I totally understand. It's taken us 4 years to conceive this one. Our early pregnancy unit won't scan until 7 weeks, but I do agree that at least then you know there's something to look for. The early stages are such a nervous time. Hope it all works out well for you x x

Just to let you know - I had a scan at 5w5d and only saw the gestational sac (no yolk sac, no fetal pole). I was absolutely panicked. A week later, there was a beautiful hearbeat.

Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->