Find out on Friday what the plan is

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Tomorrow I have another CTG, so far all movements have been great since I’ve had my last growth scan, they’re happy with my Doppler scan with the placenta and cord blood flow too.

I’ve flicked between feeling like I’m huge so why on Earth are they saying my baby is small, to okay I really don’t feel or look much bigger than week 30-33?

So I’ve no idea what to expect! I have a midwife appointment Wednesday and no doubt she’ll measure my belly but I know that those measurements can be totally off but it might give an indication of if I have indeed grown or not.

Friday is my growth scan followed by an appointment with the consultant and they’ll say what’s going to happen.

I’m panicking because a friend had to stay in straight after her growth scan... and I don’t feel prepared for that outcome. I’ve shoved a few things in the bag so far but there’s still so much more I need to get done before Friday.

Just having a bit of a panic now!

Deep breaths. They're taking care of you and baby, which is the best thing. :) You've been incredibly strong this pregnancy, x

Has the midwife measured your bump at every appointment? I've measure 2 weeks behind everytime, but yeah she said the importance is in the fact it is consistently growing. I never got big with my last 2 either, but it wasn't standard practice then to measure your belly at every appointment so don't know how it would compare exactly. Hopefully as long as baby shows growth you'll be fine, especially if everything else is looking good :hugs:

Hi there. I am not familiar with your story, but thought I would share mine with DS to hopefully give you a positive outlook.
At 20 week ultrasound DS measured small, so I had another at 26 weeks or so? I don't remember exactly, but in the end he came at 40+5 and was over 8lbs. He is now almost 3 and charts in the 80-90% at all doctors visits.
Babys grow so different, and genetics play in those sizes so well.
Best of luck to you and your little.

I measured behind at midwife appointments every single time, I had one jump ahead around 30 ish weeks I think but then the next appointment I had grown but not by much at all and had gone further away from the lines if that makes sense.

I had a growth scan a while ago and baby was showing bigger than what they measured my bump as. But the last growth scan less than two weeks ago showed baby was indeed behind.

All appointments so far have been fine, CTG’s etc. so just a case of seeing if baby has grown on Fridays growth scan.

I feel huge sometimes but I’ve not put on as much weight on say my arms legs etc like I did with my first. Less all over weight gain I guess. I struggle to sit up compared to my last pregnancy.

But comparing photos bump is definitely a lot smaller, so I just don’t know. I keep flicking back and forth.

I’m close enough to full term now anyway so at least that’s less of a worry! They were originally talking about giving me steroid injections as they thought it was likely they’d have to induce me before 37 weeks, but the very last minute decided against it after speaking to another doctor.

Just trying to prepare work (I’m self employed and pretty much not having a break!) and the babies room is half done, the cot hasn’t arrived (luckily I’ve got the crib already).

Just feel so scatter brained haha

I’m incredibly nervous that the birth isn’t going to run as smoothly, but I’m a big worrier!

Just hope the week doesn’t drag!

Sounds like baby is growing every time, which from what I have read is a very positive thing. Will they keep him in as long as he is growing? Or do they have a target he needs to meet? I hope you can keep him in to cook longer as long as he is safe. Sounds like you are in good hands and they are keeping a good eye on baby.
FX everything goes smooth for you.

Best of luck! Try to stay calm - as impossible as that can feel sometimes :) Im sure your little guy is strong :)

I think they’re happy as long as there is improvement! So fingers crossed!

He was a lot quieter st CTG monitoring today but woke up in the end and had a good wiggle!

Is neck pain a thing I should worry about btw?
I thought it was a crick neck. It did go away but then I woke up with it again yesterday. Not going to lie it’s pure agony. Really hot water bottles give it some relief but anything less than super hot the pain is still there.

Haven’t slept because of it and can’t lie down without pain :(

Is it a nerve type pain? I ended up at out of hours at 3am a few months back and it was nerve pain which is common because everything's moving stretching etc. It is horrific pain and he actually prescribed me cocodamol, I had it in my previous pregnancy too and was prescribed amytriptiline then, but the Dr I saw in this pregnancy was shocked I was given that. Hopefully it's not that because the pain is horrendous! :hugs:

I’m not sure, I always sleep the same type of position too so I can’t see how I’ve done anything odd to have caused it!

It’s just about okay now, surprisingly it hurts less stood up and hurts more lying down!

I haven’t slept in weeks and weeks. It’s a case of drifting in and out of sleep all night for short minutes at a time and my partner wonders why I’m tired!!

Sounds similar to what I had, the pain was definitely worse lying down, I slept propped up with pillows but i was much much earlier on when i experienced it. Hopefully is passes soon, mines lasted a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->