Finding a Resource to Advise on Safe Herbal Supplements and Teas in Pregnancy?

BeachgalNY

Reaction score
Hi, all!

Does anyone know of a good, trustworthy resource to help me determine which herbal supplements, homeopathic remedies, and herbs in teas are safe in pregnancy?

Here are some of the things I'm worrying about:

• I drink a LOT of tea (maybe 5-6 cups a day?), and because of the need to reduce caffeine am trying to drink more herbal tea. However, it seems nearly every herbal tea has a ton of ingredients, and I'm not sure which are safe, and how much of each is safe. I've heard you can only have a little chamomile tea, and I'm not sure how much that is. Can you have hibiscus? cinnamon? cloves? etc . . .
  • I'm currently dealing with a virus, which I would usually treat with Oscillococcinum (safe in pregnancy) and elderberry products. I actually have an elderberry tonic I made myself, but it has alcohol in it, so no go on that. However, I'd usually turn to Sambucol, but no one seems to know if it's safe or not, or if safe, how much you can take.
  • I'd like to take oil of oregano as an antibiotic when my chronic sinusitis acts up, but I don't know if it's safe.
  • Can I take aloe for my stomach/digestive issues?

The list goes on and on. I can consult a pharmacist, but these concerns are so specialized, and pharmacists don't focus specifically on what's safe in pregnancy, so I'm concerned they wouldn't be the best person to ask. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Hi, all!

Does anyone know of a good, trustworthy resource to help me determine which herbal supplements, homeopathic remedies, and herbs in teas are safe in pregnancy?

Here are some of the things I'm worrying about:

• I drink a LOT of tea (maybe 5-6 cups a day?), and because of the need to reduce caffeine am trying to drink more herbal tea. However, it seems nearly every herbal tea has a ton of ingredients, and I'm not sure which are safe, and how much of each is safe. I've heard you can only have a little chamomile tea, and I'm not sure how much that is. Can you have hibiscus? cinnamon? cloves? etc . . .
  • I'm currently dealing with a virus, which I would usually treat with Oscillococcinum (safe in pregnancy) and elderberry products. I actually have an elderberry tonic I made myself, but it has alcohol in it, so no go on that. However, I'd usually turn to Sambucol, but no one seems to know if it's safe or not, or if safe, how much you can take.
  • I'd like to take oil of oregano as an antibiotic when my chronic sinusitis acts up, but I don't know if it's safe.
  • Can I take aloe for my stomach/digestive issues?

The list goes on and on. I can consult a pharmacist, but these concerns are so specialized, and pharmacists don't focus specifically on what's safe in pregnancy, so I'm concerned they wouldn't be the best person to ask. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Pharmacist would actually be a great person to ask. They are trained supplimenta and drugs an will e able to tell you which class all those things fall into . Sh

for my ibs iv been drinking peppermint tea which is safe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->