Finding Dummy in Cot!!

BrollyDolly

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,
So Caoimhe is 14 months and is an angel when it comes to bed time...she lets me know when it's time to go (always between 7.30 and 8), waves goodnight to Elsa and Anna, Frozen obsession...needs help, and off she goes up the stairs and will quite happily put herself to sleep.
The issue is....she wakes about 3 or 4 times through the night crying and shouting because she's lost her dummy, we'll all 6 of them actually!
I tried putting loads in there so she can grab one when she wakes but they all end up on the floor which means mum has to go in and pick them all up, lay her back down and put all the dummy's back in.
Does anyone have any tips on how to help her (and me) out? I'm currently functioning on around 4 hours sleep a night and it's not good

Xx

I believe there is a little teddy thing that you can attach about 4 dummies too, not sure what it's called though.

We have mesh cot bumpers. Nothing falls out (but lots get thrown out ;)) Might that work for you?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001FXDUB2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/279-8439698-6212215

This is it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001FXDUB2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/279-8439698-6212215

This is it.

Thank you for that! I've ordered one, even if it doesn't work it'll be easier to find that on a night time than dummy's strewn around the room haha

Xx

We have glow in the dark ones but the glow fades away like every other glow in the dark object so they don't make much sense when you're looking for it hours later.

If the above doesn't work ... are those dummy clip things safe at night?

If she needs the dummy to sleep and you have to find it for her to get back to sleep, another solution would be to wean from the dummy.
Xx

I tried the glow in the dark dummies and the snuggly bear dummy clip thing, which the boys hated. But apart from anything else, Id still have to get in there and find them. I still think that the mesh bumpers are the only solution that will prevent that lol

Tbh I'd just keep a stash in my room pick.it up put it in mouth go back to bed lol haven't got to search then as u have it next to u it sounds annoying though

My son did this, I'd give him about 5 to go bed with and we would throw them all out his cot so that I'd go back in. As nasty as this sounds I just didn't go back in to give him it back one night as I was feeding my daughter and couldn't do both. He gave up shouting within 5 mins and since then he only really seems to need the dummy to get to sleep but doesn't wake for it in between now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->