Finding exercise harder. Normal?

kris85

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Just had a question.. pre pregnancy I was fairly fit & active, doing mostly medium - high impact aerobic dvd's 5 days a week with a little strength training as well.

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks exercise has been much harder. I've been reading that as long as you were active before getting pregnant you should have no problems continuing what you were doing.

I've pulled back to about 3 times a week and don't go at it as hard, but my heart rate is still getting quite high and I'm finding it difficult.

Is this normal? I don't want to stop as I actually enjoy it and want to try have a healthy pregnancy. Should I stop or just keep pushing through?

Thanks! :)

Hi there
From weeks 5-10 I found it harder just for the fact I was exhausted. I also noticed how I got out of breath easier than before too. I was also pretty regular at running but as I didn't run for about a month before I was pregnant, I haven't since. I am walking but I find even that tires me out. Since my 10-11 week mark the tiredness isn't quite so bad. Hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->