Finding myself hoping for a boy...

Mrs_T

Reaction score
We have a LG already and I've always said one of each would be nice but I'd rather 2 girls than 2 boys. And up until recently I've stayed very much on the fence but...

Tonight, I've found mt self looking at a lunar birth chart and googling 'conceiving a boy'!!!!

So how I'm full of info I wish I'd not known! Like now I know that you're more likely to conceive at boy if you DTD on or after ovulation.

Well, we were planning on starting DTD every other day starting tomorrow, which is cd12 for me and now I'm thinking do I wait a bit longer til I'm more likely to be ovulating or is that a risky game and I could miss my egg!!!

So confusing!

PS don't get me wrong I'd love another little girl too, but suddenly these 'boy feelings' have come up and taken me by surprise!

I know this sounds far fetched, but use the Chinese prediction chart... It worked for me & all my friends & fiancé's ex!

Hi ladies! I have been doing a ton of research on this topic myself because I really would like a daughter (first). I personally do not believe in the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart (but it sure is fun!) - no offense, Jenn!

As far as timing bd as close to O as possible for a boy (Shettles Method) - the method was proven wrong in in recent years. Dr. Shettles' entire hypothesis was based on the idea that Y sperm weigh less than X sperm but in 2006, this was disproven in the Journal of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (here's a link to the absract if anyone is interested) In fact, two different studies found that following the Shettles method often times produced the opposite gender than the one desired!

So where do we go from here??? :shrug:

I'm not sure, but I did read some new information recently in the 2012 book: The Impatient Women's Guide to Getting Pregnant. Along with being a fun read, it had a terrific chapter on gender selection. Nearly all of the information that was included was new to me (and as a lady who'd love to have a daughter, trust me, I've read them all!!)

It suggests things such as bd closer to O for a girl (yup, the opposite of what we've thought!) as well as eating less for a girl and more for a boy (in general, caloric intake). The book also discussed a study done in 1980 that asked participants to follow a particular "boy" or "girl" diet. The study found that 80% those following the diet had the baby gender they desired (wow!). You can look up the specifics (because it gets SPECIFIC) but in a nutshell, more boys were conceived from a diet high in potassium and girls were born to mothers who consumed a lot of calcium.

This could all be complete BS but nonetheless, I have done what I can to sway pink! :pink: Ultimately it's a hard thing to control for. I definitely can relate to wanting one gender more than the other, so you are not alone!

Will be eager to see other resources and experiences from everyone!

Thanks girls.

See if I follow the Chinese calendar, I shouldn't try this month (cos I'd conceive a girl), but I really don't want to wait any longer to try! Also, I have yto say I'm not convinced by the theory (although a lot of people say it matches up for them).

Uwfan - thanks for the info, particularly on the shettles method - that makes me feel better.

Think I might read into diets but will prob just TTC as we did last time and let nature take it's course...

Mrs_T - I agree completely, it is really hard to 'wait' to try only in the months that predict the gender you prefer. The best I could do was take some extra calcium supplements (ttc a girl) but will that really do anything? Who knows, but at least it can't hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->