finding out the sex at 13 weeks. . believable?

Cryssie

Mommy to Alek & Lainee
Reaction score
So at my appointment today-I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow-my Dr said in four weeks I'll have another ultrasound and the tech will tell me the sex of the baby. I'm going to be 12+6 at the time. Is it reliable? Should I take it with a grain of salt? I got my gender scan with my son at 17-18 weeks.

No, normally not reliable, as they have not developed the genitals completely. It would be a crap shoot, and might tell you the wrong gender.

I figured as much. The scan is also to check the heart/cord too so I'm not getting my hopes up.

they might be talking about the new bloodwork that goes along with your 12 week scan....it does tell you the gender if you request it. I had mine done last friday and am currently waiting the phone call with results of bloodwork, which will include gender :) it's very exciting!

Yes, sometimes they are able to tell the gender but a lot of the time they can't! I'm sure they will give you a guess and then you will have another one between 16-20 weeks along. I found out I was having a boy at 13 weeks- I already knew he would be a boy and it was quite obvious on the ultrasound! He wasn't trying to hide his goodies :haha:

I've never heard of bloodwork that can guess the gender I'm intrigued! What bloodwork is this?? X

I've never heard of bloodwork that can guess the gender I'm intrigued! What bloodwork is this?? X

Naya...I had heard of the HARMONY testing before, but wasn't sure it was offered, or what it involved. But at my 12 week NT scan, they offered it. It is the new, non-invasive testing for chromosomal abnormalities and can include gender (if doctor checks off that they want it, it checks for X or Y chromosome). I believe there are other test names one being MaterniT21, and I think the other is called Verify. I also think there might be one called Panoramic, but haven't looked into that one yet. I am still waiting on my results :)

I knew at 13 weeks I was having a boy both with my 3 yr old and with this pregnancy. I also knew my 2 yr old & 10 month old were girls at that time as there was nothing between the legs. That being said you have to have a sonographer who is patient and willing to take the time to look down there from all angles and your little one will need to be in the right position meaning they aren't crossing their legs. I have also had the new blood test called MaterniT21 that checks for trisomy as well as for the X or Y chromosome should you choose. This is the first pregnancy I have done this test and I am glad I did. Good Luck hun!!

Well if the Dr says she'd be able to tell me I'm assuming she'll take her time. I'm ready for the 30th to get here! I was see baby again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->