finding out the sex?

cocokitten

Reaction score
bit early for us to be thinking about this but exciting and good to be prepared!
i always thought id want to know the sex of my baby asap but from reading a few threads on here and hearing about how they can get it wrong has really put me off, i think it would be quite a shock to give birth and realise the baby you've probably named and bonded with was infact a boy not a girl or vice versa.
i can only imagine but i think it would feel like you'd have to start bonding again and that it would be a bit of a shock to the system.
and also it would be an amazing suprise!

so who plans on finding out the gender of their baby or waiting? and would you let you're OH find out even if you didnt want to?

xxxxx

when i have my little boy you could'nt fine out as it was 8 years ago but the suprise was great,
my friend has just had a little boy in dec and she found out the sex before and so have a couple of y other friends and i love the face that she could plan and prep things before hand but my thought was (this might sound daft) but they was no excitment there for the birth.
so it has to be sed that i'm 50/50, think i will just see how i feel when the time comes

I definetly want to find out the sex so i can buy pink or blue stuff and decorate the nursery.

Im on team yellow, i want it to be a surprise.

I found out the first time but I really want to try and stay on team yellow next time. It will be nice to have a surprise but I dont know if I could do it.

we plan on having a suprize baby, only downside is I'll have to make gender neutral cloth nappies, but I will proberly make 3 or 4 girlie ones and 3 - 4 boyish ones just so we have some gender specific ones till I make the bigger size

i feel happier to wait now ive found my nursery theme! in mothercare they have the most gorgeous yellow range, actually ive just realised it prob wont be there when i try/have a baby :cry: well im set on green or yellow anyway.

i think thats right welshlass, ive heard the same.

i agree zenaharrison, i think it would be really exciting to find out naturally!

Since the baby will be in my room for the first 6 months im not botherd about doing the nursary while im pregnant.

yeah thats a good point, suppose if you do want a pink or blue nursery you could wait til after the birth to do it up

Bright contrasting colours are best for baby. They can see then better and help develop their cognative and eye skills from an early age. Thats why jungle theams came about.

I found that buying lots of outfits whilst pregnant was pointless sounds silly but certain clothes dont suit her. Dresses dont suit her at all, she looks like an old man in a dress.

I'm a very curious person so I'll probably want to know! I can see your point though... I would most certainly freak out if they announced a girl and I get a little boy! I'm not really worried about colours and decoration, though. I'm pretty much of a feminist and I'm not into the blue/pink thing so I will probably choose neutral colors.

I found out with both of mine with our first i knew he was going to be a boy i just had that feeling so i just wanted the feeling confirming and i was right, with our second again i felt he was a boy but i wanted to start buying things and as the hospital where i had him wouldn't tell people the sex i paid to go private and once again i was right, next time i already have that feeling it will be another boy but i would a girl i am tempted to go with team yellow but i just know when it comes to it i'll give in and ask i'm so impatient lol as for it not been as exciting when my 2 were born cause i already knew i don't agree with that the excitement of finally meeting my baby was enough for me both were the most amazing experiences i've ever had x

Both me and hubby would want to know, im a super organised person too, n i think id really like shopping for gender specific stuff: gorgeous dresses for a girl, funky/cheeky tees for a boy!

btw- if any of you go to France and see a baby in blue, its probably a girl: they believe the virgin mary wore blue! (Havent tested this out, was just something i heard once n thought it was interesting!)

I think it would be too intruiging not too find out the gender. xD , Even at films that my oh may have watched already I always ask how it ends (only that he won't tell me )

I think i would like to find out so that we can buy outfits for baby, especially their going home outfit! hehe I dont think OH wants to find out though so i guess we will have to wait and see when the time comes

I'd want to find out again, I'm just too impatient not to! I mean, I intended to keep our first pregnancy quiet until 12 weeks, but got so excited I called everyone up a few minutes after I got my BFP. And I'm not worried about them getting the gender wrong, probably because David was such an obvious boy, there was no question -- so I figure if they're not sure with our second, it's gotta be a girl!

I was on team yellow and I would be again. I don't like pink or blue so made no difference to me in terms of decorating, it also means I don't have to redecorate for other children. The only thing I wanted was a happy healthy baby so the sex wasn't relevant for me.

Definite team yellow here!!! I am a very organized person but DH and I wouldn't want to know beforehand. We want it to be a surprise and hear the famous words "congratulations it's a _____ !!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->