Finding time to...

Char gets up early...5-730am and has a bubba, then she goes back to bed....when she wakes back up around 930-10 (I LOVE her schedule!) She has her last ounce (never finishes in the AM) and goes into her swing while I take a shower and get dressed. For dinner cooking I put Char in her highchair with a rusk or teething biscuit, a toy, a plastic cooking spoon and a sippy cup and pull her closer to me in the kitchen and turn on the radio. She loves watching me cook and sing to her. It's great! Typing on here...when DH is watching her or when she's watching her Baby TV channel.

Shower - I take a bath and put her in her chair in the washroom, or I wait till someone else can take care of her
Make Tea/supper - When she sleeps
Type on BnB - She's either on her playmat, in her chair, or on my lap

Shower - I shower when DH is home I can't do it when I'm alone cause I never know when she's going to get fed up with sitting there, even if i talk to her.
Food - I can bring her in the kitchen in her bumboo and talk to her while the microwave does the cooking. Otherwise I'll cook during one of her 2 naps. I'd cook more but me and my DH live with his mom and she's such a kitchen hog.
BnB - I type when she's sleeping, on her play-mat, on her swing, and we just received a jumeroo from my DH's sister. She's only had it 2 days and she wont stay in it too long yet (cause it's so new) but already loves it, she has so much fun in it!

Shower - Either before hubby goes to work, or put him in his bouncer in the bathroom.
Dinner - husband and I take it in turns each night to enertain Oliver or make dinner. If he is late home, I put Oliver in the bouncer or Bumbo in the kitchen with me. He loves the activity arch on it.
BnB - Again, he entertains himself sometimes, so I have a brew and a catch up. Also, like some others, I am very good at one handed typing if he just wants to be held.

Shower: In his bumbo in the bathroom
Dinner: In his walker in the kitchen
BnB: Either playing on his own or on my knee having a bottle like he is now. I'm such a pro at one handed typing lol

shower: either sum1 else has her or she will sit in her bumbo in the nxt room and watch cbeebies and play with toys.
dinner: usually in walker in kitchen or whilst she is asleep
bnb: when she has her nap or decides tht she wants to play for like 5 mins by herself for once lol.

Sounds like we pretty much have the same tricks up our sleeves!

Shower: Max sits in his bouncy chair whilst I wash and sing

Cook: I prepare the dinner whilst he lies on mat/in bumbo and then I cook it once he has gone to bed, OH doesnt get back to 7.30 and by hten I'm starving

BnB: When he's napping or in the evening

shower- we have a little ensuite which has our shower so he goes in cot now if he is awake he has toys to play with in there. i take baby monitor into bathroom

cook- hes either having a nap or playing with daddy or watching me from his bumbo

bnb- hes either asleep playing with daddy, playing with his toys or feeding (one handed typing)

Shower: i lay her in her crib (on her back) she watches and talks to the mobile and sometimes reaches around for her little toys.

Dinner: Hubby is usually home by then or if not i take her into the kitchen with me in her bumbo/bouncer. Or i put her in the jumperoo and move it in front of the kitchen door.

BnB: right now she is in her highchair waiting for the baby rice to digest a bit then it is upstairs to her crib so i can shower :D

Shower: when hubby is here on an evening (or morning at weekend)

cook dinner: often i end up waiting for hubby to get back, but trying more now to put elliot down somewhere to try and prepare tea!!

on here: easy-hes asleep in my left arm now, typing in right!

I struggle to get much done to be honest, elliots at a clingy stage and has been driving me loopy this week wanting hugs!

i know what you mean, i take charlie in the bathroom when i have a bath in his rocker but he hates it he grisels and crys the whole time, dinner is also a nightmare which is why i only do quick meals as he wont keep still longer than 5 seconds and gets annoyed when i put him in his rocker sometimes i will give him some finger foods to eat whilst in his rocker as it keeps him quiet for 5 minutes and i come on bnb when hes playing as my computer is in my front room xxx

Shower - I put Alfie in his bouncy chair just after his feed and put a disney CD on and sing along to it, have the fastest shower ever

dinner - let him play on his mat or in his swing

bnb - one handed typing whilst BF ha

Shower - before I did it at night when she was sound asleep in her bassinet, now I put her in her swing in the bathroom while I quickly jump in.

Dinner - I only make something little for myself and while doing it Lola's with me in the kitchen.

BnB - she's either on my lap or playing in her jumperoo.

Shower - I put Alfie in his bouncy chair just after his feed and put a disney CD on and sing along to it, have the fastest shower ever

Gosh Vicwick, you and I are defo on the same wavelength!

Shower: In her bouncy chair with the radio on next to her, or Disney CD (my favourites are The Little Mermaid songs!) while I sing and poke my head around the shower curtain every now and then shouting what a good girl she is being!

Dinner: In the kitchen doorway in her bouncy chair or Bumbo while I give her a running comentary on everything I am doing "this is how to chop a carrot, Poppy!", that type of thing!

BNB: Laptop resting on the arm of the sofa while I BF!

Shower-after his morning feed, while he's sleeping

Dinner-while he's sleeping or is happy sitting in his bouncer

BnB-while he's sleeping or Faith is entertaining him! Like at the min she's sitting on his playmat with him showing him her Scooby Doo figures. He's just started crying and she's given him his dummy!!! I've just had to smile, such a mummy! x

Shower - evenings when Matt is around, I sometimes get 10 mins for one. I cant have them when Im in the house on my own because I faint sometimes when Im getting in and out.

Tea - Matt has Seth while I prepare tea

BnB - Usually when Im letting Seth CIO to get him to sleep or when everyone else is in bed!

xxx

I feel like such a bad mummy now as I don't take him in the bathroom with me at all! I lay him in the big cot in his room (he sleeps in his crib in our room at night) and put a few toys around him and he happily lays chatting away. I have a quick bath usually rather than shower so I can hear him. I usually shower at night instead, as I do a few exercise classes in the evenings.

Making dinner - I lay him in his play gym without a nappy, he loves that. Its in the living room, but obviously I hear him from the kitchen. I often make my dinner in the morning as I use a slow cooker. I used to put him in the bumbo but twice now he has pulled one leg in and tipped forward (he hasn't actually fell out, but I am afraid he could). I am going to get a tray for it tomorrow, hopefully that will help. I am hoping that in the next couple of months I will be able to put him in the highchair in the kitchen so I can chat to him whilst cooking. I do sometimes put him in his chair in the kitchen, but theres not a whole lot of room for it.

Internet - dd goes to bed at 7pm and ds goes at 9pm, so I just work around that really. When ds was smaller I came on everytime he was bf.

Gosh Vicwick, you and I are defo on the same wavelength!

Shower: In her bouncy chair with the radio on next to her, or Disney CD (my favourites are The Little Mermaid songs!) while I sing and poke my head around the shower curtain every now and then shouting what a good girl she is being!

Dinner: In the kitchen doorway in her bouncy chair or Bumbo while I give her a running comentary on everything I am doing "this is how to chop a carrot, Poppy!", that type of thing!

BNB: Laptop resting on the arm of the sofa while I BF!

Little mermaids my favourite too!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->