finger food ideas

Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted loads already but any ideas for finger foods for 6-7 month old?

She already likes toast and rusks but not sure what else I can give her

with mine i tried cubes of cheese , carrot sticks and cucumber strips..they were partial to a well cooked potato waffle too from about 6-7 months lol

This is my favourite kids cookbook ever

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finger-Bab...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241883929&sr=8-1

I'd highly recommend it. Fab food for all ages and stages...including adults. Very easy too. It's written by a lady whos child would only eat finger food. I love this book:happydance:

Banana, mango, pumpkin, steamed carrot sticks, well steamed broccoli or cauliflowers (easy to hold), seedless watermelon....

cook to soften apple in pieces, cheese, carrot sticks or any veg really and strawberries - this is what maddi loved x x

most veg steamed till a bit soft and in baton shapes. banana, pear, apple (we dont soften as I think she likes dragging it on her gums while teething) cheese....

ricecakes with cream cheese
houmus with pitta bread
any veg/fruit sticks
jacket potato with fillings like grated cheese/boiled ham
meat like steamed chicken or white fish
omlette
pasta

ill add more when i think of them

ffion eats homemade sweetcorn patties too
(i can post my recipe if you want)

I give courtney those organiz finger food carrots sticks :)
breadsticks
french stick
raw carrot
raw apple

I cooked some chips the other day (slimming world so made from potato) she loved them, and she held them and munched :)

225g tinned corn
3-5 tbsp flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp single cream
sunflower oil, for frying

Mix the corn, flour, baking powder, cream, together in a bowl, and let it settle for a few minutes before forming into small patties in the palms of your hands
Heat a few spoonfuls of sunflower oil in a frying pan and lower the fritters carefully into the hot oil. make sure they are brown well on one side before turning over carefully onto the other.
i usually give rhys a dollop of ketchup too

yum yum yum

great thread. i was just about to post this because Lincoln is more interested in finger food than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->