finger foods for an almost 6 month old

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
What kinds of finger foods do you recommend? Hannah loves feeding herself and I'd like to encourage her too any time I can so what kinds of finger foods do you give your LO's when first starting out with weaning

grated apple grated carrot anything like that go for it she love all the different textures and feels of it all. x

i give caitlyn half a steamed carrot, halfed sideways, and she just eats it herself

i give caitlyn half a steamed carrot, halfed sideways, and she just eats it herself

its great wen they are eating isnt it, i used to grate everything for lilly, but she has apple slices now and carrot batons and cheese strings haha she loves snack lol:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Apple slices? How does she manage that?! Actually, I'm sure Caitlyn could handle it. When did you start apple slices?

only a few weeks ago, i only did it because i had pealed and apple and put it on her high chair to go do summert else dont ask why i put it there i was busy and never thought and when i turned round she was eating it like that so i took it off her and moved her up a stage to slices, i sometimes boil it for her as well, she likes that. if caitlyn can manage carrot she has a dam good shot at apple slices give it ago she'll prob scrape her lil teeth down it lol good luck

She eats 12m+ biscuits which are reallllly hard with no problem. I think I'll give apple a go!

She eats 12m+ biscuits which are reallllly hard with no problem. I think I'll give apple a go!

well there you go lilly was like she had teeth from 4 month ish, and so was always on next stage up stuff, because she always chewed ive never had a problem and she has 6 lil teeth that are doing a great job, i hope she likes. x:hug:

Ally has apple, pear, banana, cheese, rusks, apple organix rice cakes, toast (fingers). Gave him spaghetti bolognaise the other day and he did surprisingly well with it. I topped him up with some puree but I think he got quite a lot in (more sauce than pasta). We are doing 1 baby led (basically finger food) meal a day at the moment but it's going so well that I think we'll move up to 2 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->