Finger Foods List

what a fab thread. ive just bought the top 100 finger foods book looking for inspiration but its not what im after. this thread however is perfect.

will be sure to add any suggestions that we come accross.

tomatos sliced into wedges with the seeds removed

Clemintines with the skin removed and segments seperated and each segment sliced a little to open for the juice/fruit to come out

and halved grapes or cherry tomaotos

oh and for summer Smoothie iceblocks just blend up fruit and juice or milk and freeze into iceblock cases or for younger (12months and under) kids into slicione ice cube trays with a plastic spoon sitting in the mix as a stick

I'm gopnna sound right posh now but my lo loves:

Fillet steak cut into chunks
tempura battered chicken
asparagus
curry on naan bread
sweet chilli chicken chunks
jerk chicken
chocolate chilli with nachos
poached salmon

basically anything with chilli or expensive meat cuts lol

I tend to just give her what I'm eating for tea regardless of how hard it is to pick up -she's learnt an impressive pincer grip already!

tempura battered chicken
asparagus
curry on naan bread
jerk chicken
poached salmon

I tend to just give her what I'm eating for tea regardless of how hard it is to pick up -she's learnt an impressive pincer grip already!

Wow, 7 months old and a super palate! perhaps your lil one will be a foodie later in life, that's super!

dont think these have been suggested yet but
sliced courgette
rolled up meat slices like ham and turkey
cocktail sausages or chipolatas

tempura battered chicken
asparagus
curry on naan bread
jerk chicken
poached salmon

Wow, 7 months old and a super palate! perhaps your lil one will be a foodie later in life, that's super!
lol I hope so! I'm a total foodie too!

random thought but cucumber isnt a fruit its a veg, and id add sliced tomato in there (fruit!)

I've just given Jacob gnocchi and sweadish meat balls. Can't believe I didn't think of those sooner!

I am trying to prepare myself to start BLW at the end of this month and have a few questions regarding some ideas mentioned in the first post.

How do you make apple/pear rings? :blush:

From how old can cucumber sticks be given as they are quite hard? :shrug:

I am trying to prepare myself to start BLW at the end of this month and have a few questions regarding some ideas mentioned in the first post.

My LO started with cucumber at about 5 months 3 weeks, I used a veggie peeler and took the skin off, the inside it soft enough for them to gum!

im so unadventurous ruby is 8 months now and just had toast, breadsticks or a rusk. she doesnt like anything slippy like fruit or veg :(

Don't know if this has been added or not, I've not long started blw, my lo is just refusing to be spoon-fed now so I've had to learn fast!! I just gave him little tortilla wraps with banana and avocado inside for lunch and he loves them, the banana and avocado make it sticky enough that it doesn't fall apart x

Blast em in the microwave for 10-20 seconds is what my health visitor advised me on all hard fruit or veg, just check they've cooled before serving obv! xx

I've found tinned fruit to be best actually. Rhys loves tinned pears, they're really soft and juicy. You also get tinned peaches, apples etc Just make sure they are in juice and not syrup xx

Tesco have started doing sandwhich tomatoes, they have less juice and don't break up so easily - sophie loves them

Sweet Corn- Boiled, fried and salted.
Cookies: Butter, chocolate, and whole grain, etc.
Chicken Wings: Deep fried, fleshy wing, with a mayonnaise dip.
Egg: The yolk scrambled.
Bread: Lightly toasted and buttered.
Fruit or Veggie Salad: A mixture of favorite fruits and veggies, with cream.
Apple: Boiled or baked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"