Finger Foods List

Have just read the whole thread, fab!!

LO only just started to attempt feeding herself so i need organised quickly and now have some fab ideas to keep me going for a while, if i come up with anything new i will be sure to add!

Many Thanks:happydance:

have this thread bookmarked, it feels like forever since i did BLW with my now 3 year old...we're 1 month in with Connor and he LOVES food! and his hand-eye coordination is amazing! hes already using the finger-pincer movements to pick up his food.

Dont know if your still taking suggestions but we have had success with:

meat:
Beef (finger chunks)
Pork (finger chunks)
meatballs

Pastas: (most of these you can get in wholewheat)
jumbo pasta shells,
cannelloni rolls (just smear cream cheese inside for added flavour)
bowties
spaghetti
***and a fun thing - boil some lasanga sheets, let them cool on a chopping board and use shaped cookie cutters! create animals, stars, hearts etc (again to add flavour put a spread on them)***

other fun things
Jelly (Jello to Americans) - wobbly fun in all kinds of colours - dont really eat much but Connor loves playing with it

Tortillas, like the ones you buy for fajitas, with tuna paste (in a jar) apart from my lo gets a bit keen and puts too much in his mouth..
he has pretty much whats been said, Loves yorkshires
cucumber, tomato rings
oh whole strawberries!

Peel and core an apple. Cut into 'donuts' by slicing with the hole in the middle.

Makes it easier for younger babies to hold :).

Great thread! I have read all 9 pages and love some of your ideas!

My LO always had purees for breakfast and dinner, and finger foods for lunch (sandwiches, toast, veg, fruit etc) but just lately he wont be spoon fed, so i need ideas for main meal finger foods.

So far he has had leek and brocolli bake, homemade beef burgers, fish pie, pasta in tomato sauce, and roast chicken... But he chewed the chicken strips for ages!

Breakfast/lunch/snacks are sorted, im just in desperate need for finger food meal ideas for a 9mo, that would be suitable to freeze.

Thanks!

Would love to hear some heathy snack ideas for a busy toddler who is less and less interested in meal times. I want to make up for this with some substantial healthy snacks, but other than, fruit, cheese and a healthy muffin reciepe that I know I am stumped!

Had to share this recipe as I made them today for my wee boy and they were amazing!!

Mini fish cakes:

450g potatoes chopped
Milk
Knob of butter
3 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper
185g can salmon or tuna in water
Handful of fresh fill or parsley finely chopped (I wouldn't bother or maybe use dried)
Flour for coating

Boil potatoes 20mins til cooked. Drain mash with milk and butter and 1 tbsp of the oil. Let cool.

Drain canned fish then flake. Add fish to potato with herbs. Lightly mix then use hands to shape mixture into 10 small balls

Sprinkle some flour over plate. Heat remaining oil in pan. Roll each fish ball in flour dust off excess then place in oil. Cook 5 mins each side until golden and heated through. Press down slightly as they cook. Drain on paper towels

I put a wee but cream through the mash -- yummy.

Xxx

Had to share this recipe as I made them today for my wee boy and they were amazing!!

Mini fish cakes:

450g potatoes chopped
Milk
Knob of butter
3 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper
185g can salmon or tuna in water
Handful of fresh fill or parsley finely chopped (I wouldn't bother or maybe use dried)
Flour for coating

Boil potatoes 20mins til cooked. Drain mash with milk and butter and 1 tbsp of the oil. Let cool.

Drain canned fish then flake. Add fish to potato with herbs. Lightly mix then use hands to shape mixture into 10 small balls

Sprinkle some flour over plate. Heat remaining oil in pan. Roll each fish ball in flour dust off excess then place in oil. Cook 5 mins each side until golden and heated through. Press down slightly as they cook. Drain on paper towels

I put a wee but cream through the mash -- yummy.

Xxx

Ooh thanks for this, will try tomorrow as my LO loves fish :thumbup:

I make small fritters with various things in, sweet corn and pea is a current favourite. You can freeze them too and they defrost quickly. Ideal out and about food as not too messy!

I make small fritters with various things in, sweet corn and pea is a current favourite. You can freeze them too and they defrost quickly. Ideal out and about food as not too messy!

How do you make them?

Does anyone know whether guacamole is ok if I spread it on pitta or tortillas?

Fabulous ideas! Have only just started with my LO so there's loads here I'm going to try!

buttered toast
nuts
cubes of tofu
seedless watermelon
mashed stewed prunes

I have to admit that here are way more finger-food-tipps are listed than I have on the list for myself. There sure are several tipps I am gonna try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->