Finishing work when???

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope your all doing well.

How far before your due date are you planning on finishing work?

I really cant decide what to do. My due date is 7th June and my maternity leave officially starts on Monday 18th May.

I have the first two weeks of May booked as leave at the moment.

Do you think that finishing at the beginning of June is too soon? It means that i will be around 35 weeks.

I want to finish but am worried that i will go crazy in the house alone when my hubby is working.

What are you guys planning on doing?

Blondie xx

I finishes at 35 weeks and was glad of it, the past week things have gotten really tough and i couldnt have handled going into work aswell.

Its totally upto you and how you are feeling, Im hoping to make it until the 31st may, due 2nd July ish, so Il be 35.5 weeks, last time, I was told to rest from 32 weeks due to pre-eclampsia, so hoping I dont take it again, see how you feel :hugs: xx

I don't think 35 weeks is too early. I finish on the 17th so will be just over 35 weeks and I can't wait! I'm taking 14 days annual leave (which I have left) at the beginning and then officially starting my maternity leave on the 8th of May (baby is due on the 20th). I'm worried about being bored too but have lots of baby clothes to wash and iron so it will keep me occupied!

I was meant to work until around 32 weeks but i found it too much so gave up a week earlier than planned, guess it depends a lot also on the hours you work and job you do, i havent really had time to get too bored as i left loads of decorating and buying all the baby stuff until I was on my maternity, i have no idea how people manage to work right to the end! I should also say though that i have 2 other children to look after so maybe if it was my first and i could have chilled when not at work i may have lasted a little longer xxx

I'm due 8th June
And........i am finnishing today!! woohoo!!! as got 4 weeks A/L to take that i cant get after as wont be back till next yr, then start my maternity leave on 11th May.
dont think i could go much longer anyway as work ona reception desk in a busy busy gym so on my feet all day and sometimes am trying to do 600 things at once!! lol
i cant wait to rest!!! lol
xxxxxxx

I lost my primary job due to downsizing back in October, but had picked up a part time job to keep myself busy since. I finished working there on March 27th cause the constant demand to walk around on a hard floor was taking its toll on my feet, ankles, legs and back and just wasn't worth the minimum wage I was getting paid. I was 33 weeks.
If I was still in my primary job (desk job), would have probably stayed on till mid-late April (35-37weeks) as many of the others would have. Depending on how the constant sitting would have affected my back as I am getting spasms just when sitting down.

Every situation is different... every woman is different. You know your limit. There is never too early when you are nearing the end of the 3rd trimester.

Good luck on your decision.

Im due 2nd July and finishing officially 8th June when i will be nearly 37 weeks but have two weeks off before as school holidays! So i will be about 35 weeks too.. i dont think it is too early hun x

I am starting Maternity Leave 2 weeks before my due date but then have another 4 weeks of annual leave tacked on before that so will in the end leave work 6 weeks before my due date so 34 weeks.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Its difficult becasue when i'm not in work i feel like i could stay longer but when i get here and feel tired by 12pm on the Monday i realise that perhaps i'm not as energitic as i thought!! lol!

I also keep thinking that i'm not really going to get time to myself again - after the baby is born so i think i might finish at 35 weeks and have some chill out time xxx

I'm stopping work at the end of my 35th week. My due date is June 28th which is a Sunday and I have 22 days annual leave so I'm taking 20 of them to finish on Friday 29th May.

I finished at 38 weeks and did struggle for the last couple of weeks at work. Having said that, I've been going out of my mind with boredom at home and with Spud now being overdue, part of me wishes I'd stayed in work a little bit longer! :dohh:

i'm due 6th June and am finishing work at 38w on 22nd May, i think i'd get bored at home all day if i was off for too long before baby was born and also i want to get as much full pay before SMP kicks in xx

i'll be leaving off work end of my 36th week. wanted to leave it off til later but i'm pushing it as it is with the airlines.

i work an island away from where i actually keep a home. and i so want to be home when LO arrives. 35 weeks is the limit for most airlines... but i'm going to push it a bit and go on my 36th.

I finished up on Friday; I was 34 + 3. I initally planned to finish up at 37 + 3, but decided I wanted to go earlier as I was feeling knackered. Yesterday I was a little upset about being home alone without H. However, today I have had little jobs to do and a hospital appointment so I have been kept a little busy, but also had time to sit online with the TV on.

I'd say if you feel ready to go; go!! As everyone keeps telling me you won't get this time to sit and relax again once baby has arrived.

Cx

My due date is 9th July but i'm going to leave work on 22nd May. i've got 6 weeks as annual leave and maternity leave officially starts on due date
It will be very welcome as i work in an operating theatre and am on my feet all day its not an easy job atall

i know how hard it is to decide! i am finishing in 4 weeks although i only work for 3 days a week (but work 7-7 looknig after 2 year old twins) i wanted to take 2 weeks holiday before starting mat leave but my bosses said i could only have 1 so i moved my finsihing date rather than losing a week at the end of maternity leave, and right now i think i am starting to widh i had left it as it was! i will finish when i am 37+1 weeks. its hard tho when you have to make a decision in advance. i don;t really feel like i can change mine now either

I’m due June 22 and hoping to make it to June 12th…I’ll be almost 39 weeks – yikes. But that depends on how I feel and more days than not I don’t think that I can make it that long but I want to go as long as possible so that I can have more time off with baby.

I finished on the 25th of March, so I was 32 weeks. I worked in a care home for the elderly and I was strugling SO much by the end :( if im doing a similar job when I have my next, il be giving up at 29 weeks. Am so thankful to not be working, I spend my days relaxing, watching TV, surfing net, playin on the wii and going for a daily walk, im also still taking care of my horse, so have to go sort her out everyday, luckily no mucking out as she is living out now, dunno if i'd cope if she was stabled. I love being able to sleep when im trired and stay up as late as I want cos I dont have 2 get up early :) xxxx

I am allowed to use up all my annual entitlement so from today am down to a 3 day working week and then from end of May use up the rest of my holidays and maternity leave starts when baby is due.

It means I will be 37 weeks when I am actually off so hopefully will be OK but the way things are just now we need the money unfortunately and I will only be working 3 days between now and 37 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->