First AF after mmc

CatchBabyDust

Mom(by Gods grace)preg#2
Reaction score
Well i think i'm having my first af..it hasnt really started...

Been exactly ONE month since i passed out the fetus (induced miscarriage)..I'm having some yellow/beige/brown spotting all day but not a full period and the spotting isn't alot.. just waiting for it to go down:coffee:

I didn't really try this month and i had a really bad yeast infection after my dose of antibiotics (Typical for me)...so no disappointment this month..although at some point i had lots of pregnancy symptoms..which was annoying cause i kept remembering im not "really" pregnant anymore:cry:

I don't know why af doesnt just come down already!!..how was ur first af after ur miscarriage...:shrug: will i spot for a while?? Hating this:growlmad:

so sorry for your loss :hugs:

my first af was awful! (hope yours will be okay). it was heavier than normal and I've always had cramps... but this af was bad!!!

af before bfp/mc:
day 1 - light
day 2 - heavy
day 3 - heavy/medium
day 4 - light
day 5,6,7? - spotting
-- clear --

this first af:
day 1 - light
day 2 - heavy -- cramps!!! (had to take a pain killer)
day 3 - heavy -- cramps!!! (had to take a pain killer)
day 4 - NOTHING
day 5 - light
-- clear --

2nd af after mc -- my current cycle
day 1 - light
day 2 - heavy -- cramps... but manageble
day 3 - heavy -- cramps... but manageble
day 4 - medium
day 5 - light (current day!)

that's my case~ and of course, it depends on people too!

My periods have always been painful ever since I remember.. I'm worried it doesn't come down fast enough.. But hopefully it will. Also did u get it exactly 1 month later? Thank u for ur answer :)

I went through a d&c because there were still retaining product after two rounds of cytotec to help with the mc (I had no bleeding prior to the diagnose, so the doc suggested me takign cytotec to help clear things out).

7/09/12 - HCG is 2100
7/10/12 - Medication Round #1
7/12/12 - Severe cramps & passed gestational sac
7/20/12 - HCG is 300
7/24/12 - Medication Round #2 (Still see retaining product - Only side effect, no bleeding)
7/30/12 - HCG is 35
7/31/12 - D&C
8/11/12 - AF showed!

I'll keep my eye on this thread, as I am in the same boat. About to have my first AF after mc, just started the brown spotting today. I hope it isn't painful like the previous posters!!!

My first period after my miscarriages were not necessarily more painful but were different. They were "watery" if that makes sense. I would make sure to wear a pad for back up. Things were different but did not necessarily last any longer and were not any more painful (I've always had a lot of cramping though). Best of luck!

Thank u girls

Tekkitten- I started the brown spotting last night and it's a bit more today. I hope af just flows already! We r so on the same boat even in another post we had same things going on after our mc.. Let me know if when starts flowing normally.. We can be TCC buddies :)

Yes, lets lets be TTC buddies :D Our cycles will be super close if not spot on :D I'll put it in my sig, my very first TTC buddy wooo!

Nice to get a positive thing out of this whole thing hey?

I had a huge temp drop today, so I think thats a good indicator that I'll get my af in the next day or two. Keep me posted, it'll be interesting to see if it turns our similar for us.

Just did the same.. :)

I'm still spotting brown no flow yet ugh! I heard if u already started spotting, honey and cinnamon and warm water will induce ur flow and make uterus shed.. I'll try this 2mrw if it doesn't flow normally .. Got nothing to lose ..

Ah, thats interesting! I've never heard that before.

I got mine today, a day early, It's still light, so thats good, but I'm scared its going to be super hardcore or something soon! I'm sure if the spotting has started soon that it will come quickly, within a day or two. It's nice to know either way <3

Let me know how things go! I shall do the same :)

Af today is more than yesterday but it's still lighter than my normal periods and it's more brown than red.. It's thicker too... Just a weird weird period...too light for what I'm used to..Im thinking maybe cause I stopped my mc bleeding only 23 days ago and the lining didn't get enough chance to build up? Not sure what to think..today is day 3 of my af.. I don't see much on the pad.. But alot on tp Sorry for the tmi

Yeah, thats strange. Mine is heavy and normal today, no cramps though. Its weird because I usually get cramps before my period comes, its usually how I know its on the way! This time, nothing. Either way, I'm glad it came a day early, because that just means a day earlier for O :D

Yup! lol Its always good when u O earlier .just makes the waiting less even by one day!! As for me, update, still brown and a little red ..a bit of brown clots...im not sure what to think..this is definitely NOT my normal af ! I think as paranoid as i am, i'm calling my dr within the few coming days..hope this is normal!

I think it probably is. I've heard that the first period after mc can be kind of wonky, and unusual. Your body has to get used to the whole process of that happening again. I wouldn't be too worried, but if you are then def call your doctor, just to get an ok :)

Last night my normal flow started :) its a relief to finally see something normal in me...All month i've been feeling terrible and unusual ..so yeah this is about the second time in my life that i'm excited to see AF!.. so i spotted for one day..had an extremely light flow on day two..and then by midnight (beginning of day 3) i had a normal flow! ..I can't wait to O and get a bfp again :( ...baby dust to both of us this cycle!! Hopefully this is it!

Hi everyone, I got first AF after m/c on Saturday morning and it was def different to normal as I had NO warning, no cramps etc just straight to full flow. Its now Monday and it is much lighter already and I would imagine will be gone by Wednesday. I have had no cramps at all which is strange. I have had the most horrendous headache though for days. Af doesn't ever hang around long for me so not too surprised though did think as first after MC that it would be worse.
Glad to be back to some sort of normality and slowly counting days till OV again though I have 34 day cycle roughly so going to take some time to get there. ;-(

welcome to the club! :) till today i had no cramps which was so weird for me..but today i had my normal cramps i usually get with my af...but wasnt as strong as usual..i was thinking maybe compared to the miscarriage cramps these felt like nothing ..:/

Eventhough im cd3 today i just had the red flow ..Cd1 and 2 i had brown flow only and was light.. I passed two clots today the size of my pinky sorry for the tmi.. which got me a little nervous..i usually DO pass clots during my periods but smaller... anyone else passing clots their first af after mc?

Welcome thethompsons! I had no cramps at all as well, which is really weird for me, as I always get them before AF.

I have little itty bitty clots, nothing abnormal though. And I might be mistaken, but I think your CD1 counts when you have a normal red blood flow day. I just started with the red blood 3 days ago, I had very light brown spotting the day before that, but I think fertility friend tells you not to count it as CD1.

Oye, and don't even get me started on those damn mc cramps. Worst thing I've ever felt in my life :S

i think i should be CD3 today because two days ago i did see red (well it was turning red) and was lightly flowing..not spotting..flow that i had to change pads every few hours..so i think im gona count that as CD1? ..

Omg, todaaay i woke up and it was like a tap was running...i bled heavily today and yesterday...But this morning was the worst..and i am having clots..ofcourse i called my dr and she told me it was normal for some to experience really heavy bleeding and clotting their first af after mc as long as this doesnt continue every cycle...but it was super scary waking up with blood just running for few seconds... strangely i was having a david beckham dream and i was telling him i was bleeding lol

Yikes! Thats totally crazy :S Yeah, normally my normal flow is light enough that I can sleep without anything, but when I tried that the first night I ended up getting some on the bed. Lame.

On the bright side, this morning it just appeared to be brown and light when I wiped, which means maybe its ending! My cycle was 4-5 days shorter than normal, so maybe the mc had that effect on me. I just hope its not like the mc, I had brown spotting for 2 weeks or so after!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->