First appointment... HELP PLEASE!

jessthe3ofus

Reaction score
Hi Ladies! I'm new here at B&B! This is my first pregnancy! My question for you is, what can I expect at my first appointment with my new doctor? They said that they didn't want to see me until 10-12 weeks. I'm 7 weeks now, so I wont see her until Oct. 10th at 11 weeks. Are they going to do an ultrasound and listen to babies heartbeat? I'm just very nervous!

Thank you in advance!:winkwink:

Probably an ultrasound, bloodwork, pap smear. Congratulations!

I just had my first appointment yesterday. I'm earlier along but they did urine test, bloodwork, Pap smear, ultrasound and than just talked a lot about what's going to happen and how their office does things like every 4 week appointments till a certain point than every 2 than every 1 in the end. Things like that. It took about 1.5 hours for the entire appointment.

Thanks ladies! Do you know if they do a transvaginal ultrasound or will it be on the tummy? I just had a pap done, I was thinking I would have to have one for another year! Oh well. Hahaha.

At 11 weeks it will probably be abdominal. First they will take your weight, height, blood pressure, and ask you questions about family history, previous hospitalizations, date of last menstrual period, etc. They will likely do a pelvic exam and maybe a pap smear or STD labs. Then they will do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy and give you an official due date! They also may take blood work to make sure you aren't anemic, etc. Lastly, they'll explain what the whole pregnancy process will be like as far as what scans, tests, and appointments you will have. They'll give you some handouts about what is safe to eat, medicines you can take, and when you should give them a call. At least, that's how the first prenatal appointment always goes at doctor's office. Hope that helps!

I saw a general practitioner about 3 days after having a pos test. He did some bloodwork in order to confirm the pregnancy, check glucose, iron, and urine (checked hemoglobin even though I kind of wanted ferritin for various reasons) and rejected the need for a pap since I'd had one fairly recently. I got weighed and measured too.

Anyways, I ended up with a large amount of paperwork from him, more bloodwork, (immunities and blood typing) a prescription for an antibiotic for the UTI I'd apparently had for awhile and Diclectin for nausea, and a referral to an OB who will be seeing me on the 29th at around 9 weeks. I already had my first u/s at request of the OB for dating/viability.

You can likely expect all this plus a discussion of your care plan/question & answer time.

At 10-12 weeks they'll probably be able to see it via abdominal, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->