First appt and choosing a doctor.

SteffyRae

Reaction score
The OB I went to with my daughter is about 15 minutes away at a large nice hospital. They will let me try for a vba2c but won't induce. Another OB is 10 minutes away and uses a brand new (opens this month) maternity unit that is not even 5 minutes from my house they will offer a vba2c and depending on the situation might induce.
I'm not sure who I should go with. I know I like my old OB and the whole maternity floor there is top of the line.

Hmm... that's a good and difficult question. I had a similar situation happen to me. I really liked the doctor I was with for my DD who is my eldest BUT I wanted an all natural, med-free birth and she was pushing me for an epidural at 20 weeks because she said a lot of first time moms couldn't do vaginal delivery without. I ended up switching to a midwife after that. I felt bad about it too for leaving my doctor but I ended up delivering my healthy baby girl at their birth center without any kind of pain relief... the way I wanted it. It is really up to you, if you feel it is best to try for vbac then maybe make an appointment with the hospital that will let you do it and see if you like them. Who knows? Maybe you'll like them better than your old doctor. I got the birth plan I wished for and that was all that mattered to me. You can always go back to your old doctor if you don't like the new center.

Try the new doctor out, if you like it there then awesome! If not you're always able to go back to your old doctor. Nothing is ever set in stone, and should always be what you're moat comfortable with doing. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->