First Birthday Parties

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
Just curious because we're not yet we've had a couple of invites for Charlotte and Thomas' little friends....

First Birthday Parties...

...did you? are you? would you?

BTW before you think we are totally heartless we're taking them here for their birthday https://www.cannonhallfarm.co.uk/

We had a pretty big bash (50 people) and went all out with favours etc! Some people will remember my lavish princess castle cake at £100! lol it was cap too!

A complete waste of money-spent £500+ on food, alcohol, party bags, decorations (had Disney Princess theme)

I would say dont do it, go to the farm as they wont appreciate a party or remember it!

I regret forking out so much, but she was my 1st and erm no excuse really :rofl:

i am going to a 1 year old's bday party in a couple weeks, really i think it's more the parents wanting to throw a get together and party (as the first thing out of the host's mouth to us was "there will be beer!")

the farm as a family sounds like a lovely thing to do. you can always do a small cake and icecream get together with close family and friends...don't need to go all out and invite the whole neighborhood!

we just really had a small gathering of family.. nothing special

We will do something with family and friends, nothing too big though. Probably just cake and icecream at our house.

I'm not and havent for any of the other kids, its means far more to us to spend it just as a family; taking pictures and getting the camcorder out, I will have a cake but we'll just eat it :D

Its personal choice, to me its just more special at home:)

Quite truthfully, it was usually just OH, stepkids and I. It was when they turned five that I made the pact that that's when their first real birthday parties were. They were in school and could invite classmates.

We had Bethanie, me, Sonny, my mum, brother and Sonny's mum and dad. Small get together, Fifi cake and a few presents and then we all went for a nice meal. We had a great day/evening, so did Bethanie.. we'll save the parties for when she can appreciate them more.

Farm looks lovely. :)

Took daughter out for the day at a sea life place, went out to dinner with family and back to the house for cake. A party at one i wouldnt think id deal with the hassle as they dont really know.

But at 2 i threw a party and was perfect age to do it. Best day ever she said :)

I think we will have one. Our family and good friends. It will be nice to get together, and for everyone to see Erica. I want to say it will be small, but based on my baby shower that my mom planned, I have a feeling it wont be. My shower had like 60-70 people. We will see tho when the time comes. By that time, we will have a couple more babies around too, (two of my cousins are pregnant right now) so it will be fun to see the babies a little older.

We'll do it and if it was better weather I'd consider a day out too (but as shes a December baby will be freezing ha) along side a few family members & friends followed by something small at home nothing OTT snacks cuddles pics. x

Nah, its not for me... Not at one, she will be made a fuss over, a day out and have close family over for a few nibbles & cake but nothing more, I think some people see it as an excuse to have a few socialbe drinks but for me I want it to be a special day for us to remember, Like tilly said, I'll be saving the parties for when she gets a little older.

x

We're doing a BBQ Birthday for Thomas :happydance:

Having his Aunties, Uncles, Grandparents & Cousins over and we're having a BBQ and little Birthday Cake with balloons (£20 for 30 helium kit at Asda) and a bubble machine (£10 ELC). Nothing extravagent but something DH and I will remember and we can get the camcorder out for Thomas to look back on when he's older.

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"