First Clomid /IUI cycle

hey ladies. I had my iui done on Thursday. it's my first iui try after trying to conceive naturally for almost a year. I was put on clomid 50 mg twice daily from CD3 till CD7 and 3 menogon injections on CD8, CD9, and CD10.. CD11 I had an u/s and had then 2 follicles each 19mm..had hcg injection that same night..CD13 morning iui was done. so I'm today 3 dpo..I hope we all get our bfp this iui cycle

Welcome NAtasha. Well I got my solid on Sunday, went this afternoon. HAd 4 mature follicles. So at least my chances are doubled from last time :) How about you MAlinko?

Hello jjbubbles how are you doing? So how many iui cycles have you done so far? Would you please tell me what symptoms you had in your previous cycles? 5dpiui and 6dpiui I had really bad cramps same as af cramps..should I worry about these cramps or are they a good sign? This is my first iui cycle thats why I'm confused and upset about those cramps..i feel as if af is on its way :(

Hey there! Welcome Natasha! jjbubbles...so glad you got your solid Sunday and got to do your iui!!! Wow on 4 follicles! Definitely has to help your chances! Was the procedure easier for you this time than last month?

I had two mature follicles on my cd10 ultrasound last Saturday. Trigger shot Sunday evening and IUI this morning. Very tender now. Go tomorrow for post rupture scan to make sure I ovulated.

Natasha, I had some cramping in my two week wait. I was on progesterone suppositories though, which can cause cramping. Are you on progesterone? If so, your cramps could be contributed to that.

I am the worst at symptoms. I have twinging, cramping, pressure, nausea, but never pregnant. SO dont ask me :)
This is my second and it went much better than the first. First was extremely painful due to adhesions they found. This time they classified it as stenosis or narrowing of cervix. So harder for sperm to get in but natural conceiving is possible. She tried to "pull" it to widen the opening and she said she was successful. How long that will stay, not sure. After this cycle we will be doing an unmonitored clomid cycle in April. I dont take progesterone , but I also test my progesterone levels to confim ovulation. Prior to clomid I was maxing at 12, last cycle (first clomid) I got a 26. YAY. SO interested to see what next week shows...

Hello malinko..ive never been on progesterone..i had very bad cramps 5dpiui and 6dpiui...today 7dpiui i'm fine with very slight on and off cramps...they are very rare and slight i can hardly feel them..wish you best of luck with your current iui cycle

Bubbles hope you make it this month.

When do you girls advise me to start testing?

Bubbles- why would you do that? Af will show up in two weeks if no pregnancy..i'm planning to test 11dpiui

Natasha - I test at 14 days past iui per the instruction of my doctor. Prior to that I really didn't even test. I just waited for af to start. I'm guessing Bubbles waits as she doesn't want to see negative tests. Sorry if I am speaking inappropriately bubbles. I've been at this long enough to not want to test at 14 days past iui (in fact, I've taken a couple of other tests when late and wished I hadn't. Its heartbreaking to see that negative.) but I have to test two weeks post iui because I am on progesterone. If I don't stop taking it - my new cycle won't start.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Exactly right. 15 months of negatives. So I add an extra week and if no af will happily test.

Thinking of you both.

bubbles - especially thinking of you! Hope you are hanging in there and doing great. I'm not going to ask how you are feeling because if you are like me at all...it really doesn't matter how you feel! the progesterone messes with you causing cramping, twinges, etc. so really it is like as "normal" as can be over these two weeks. So, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and hope that you are doing well.

Thank you. I am feeling fine , stopped symptom spotting bc you get too disappointed. But yesterday I ate like a mad women. Normally dont eat carbs and I did then felt totally bloated. Had my official weigh in day today and lost a pound. Weird. Wait is this symptom spotting :dohh:

update::: so I tested 7dpiui, 9dpiui, 11dpiui, 12dpiui, and today 13dpiui.....all bfn's :( :( do you think there's still some hope? I feel I'm out

Hey Natasha. Sorry to hear about all of your bfn's. I hope I do upset you by saying this, but I'm guessing if you got bfn's 11, 12 and 13dpiui, then you probably aren't pregnant. With that said, it could also be that youo don't have enough hcg in your urine to be detected and some women don't find out until after their period is missing. However, my doctor tells me if I have a negative test on 14dpiui, to stop taking my progesterone and wait for af. I just don't want to give you false hope by telling you to keep hoping. Hugs to you!

Thanks malinko for your reply. I was really hoping that our first iui be a success as i had and still having many symptoms, but anyway I'll test again this pm and tomorrow morning. Wishing you lots of baby dust hun

Im sorry Natasha, but I agree wit MAlinko. What are your temps like? How are you doing malinko?

Im sorry Natasha, but I agree wit MAlinko. What are your temps like? How are you doing malinko?

Hun I'm not temping and never temped before. Now I'm waiting for my af to show up :growlmad:
Btw I tested negative this morning at 14dpiui, so you see :cry:

Yes dear.. it's cd2 here. Starting tomorrow with my second iui journey. My doctor prescribed the same medication like last cycle; clomid 50mg cd3 till cd7 twice daily and menogon injection cd8 cd9 and cd10. He said there's no need to increase the dose because i responded fine last time and no fertility issues on my part. Our problem is with liquefaction. Sperm count and motility are fine but semen won't liquefy in 30 minutes. It takes like 3 hours or so to liquefy which makes it hard for sperm to make its way up into the fallopian tubes and fertilize the ovum. Doctor said he'd see me on cd11 to schedule iui on cd13 i guess

Hey, ladies, I'll be doing my first IUI cycle in May. :) How much did you gals end up paying for your IUIs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->