First Clomid /IUI cycle

Beta #1.....372! They want anything over 100. Go back again on Thursday for second beta. If everything is going well, I'll be scheduled for an ultrasound!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Malinko, did I miss the BFP announcement? Oh yay! Im beyond words!!!! How do you feel???? Any symptoms??? I have to reread this link, Iv been MIA and have a headache......congrats girl! I am so happy for you!!!!

Hi elephant:)
I had to pay for a u/s day 1-5 to make sure I had no cyclists and 1 the day of IUI. They are after my insurance 240 each. Clomid I get form my BFF thats a pharmacist so only pay 20 bucks for and the actual IUI and washing was 325 since insurance didnt cover at all.Then add in OPKs, preseed, and supplemets. So far we did two rounds...

jjubbles - no, you didn't miss an announcement! I'm also on another thread and I had posted the results and then was getting ready to update with the beta. However, I had switched over to this thread to do the bfp announcement but did the beta announcement. Ooops! Since I couldn't "undo" it, I decided that would be my announcement! LOL! We took a test at 12dpiui (14dptrigger) because I just couldn't stand it anymore. My doctor required a test at 14dpiui (16dptrigger). The 12dpiui was glaringly positive! Yesterdays test at 14dpiui, the test line was thick and darker than the control line. Went in for beta yesterday and go back for second beta tomorrow. Nothing out of the ordinary for me. I have been crampy some. It comes and goes pretty quickly but would happen several times a day. Still a little crampy here and there. Other than that....absolutely no different. So, that makes it a little unreal to me and it hasn't really sunk in yet I don't think. We haven't told anyone either. Anxiously awaiting your results as well!!! Hope IUI #2 was your lucky month too!

Sorry to hear about af, Natasha.

elephant - I'd have to go back and look. I had a credit on my account and so most of the ultrasounds and iui's were deducted from my credit. I think I paid $130.00 or so on the last visit, date of last IUI but thats all I have paid for several months due to the credit. Good luck to you!

Hiya girls!! I am just about the start clomid for the first time in a few days (soon as AF arrives!) little but about me, I'm 27 and have been trying for nearly 3 years it's been a long stressful road! I was diagnosed with pcos at 19, long story short after losing 6 stone my periods are here every month and all tests seem to be normal so I'm kind of now unexplained. :-/

Anyway I would really love a clomid buddy! (Just joined this site!)

#malinko# congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I guess you might be having twins or even triplets, as you first beta was just so high :)

#elephant# my insurance doesn't cover iui either. but everything else - ultra sounds, medications, etc - is covered. iui procedure + sperm wash cost me 300 $

#jjbubbles# where are you in the tww? any symptoms?

oh malinko btw.. what sperm count and motility you had on your successful iui? and how many follicles? was your iui scheduled a few hours before ovulation or after ovulation? my first iui was done 4 hours after I ovulated, and I've seen in many different threads women saying iui works best when done before ovulation.

Hiya girls!! I am just about the start clomid for the first time in a few days (soon as AF arrives!) little but about me, I'm 27 and have been trying for nearly 3 years it's been a long stressful road! I was diagnosed with pcos at 19, long story short after losing 6 stone my periods are here every month and all tests seem to be normal so I'm kind of now unexplained. :-/

welcome Becks. this is my second clomid cycle + iui. the first iui didn't work although we had good numbers ( 65 millions) and 100 % motility, and I had two fully mature follicles ( 19 mm two days before iui). so you'll be doing iui this cycle? or you're trying naturally?

welcome Becks. this is my second clomid cycle + iui. the first iui didn't work although we had good numbers ( 65 millions) and 100 % motility, and I had two fully mature follicles ( 19 mm two days before iui). so you'll be doing iui this cycle? or you're trying naturally?

Hiya! Thanks for getting back to me! I haven't a clue who's responded and where to find if I've any replies :-/ isn't there a notification bit on here?

About the clomid, I'm using just this no iui or anything I will be starting tomorrow (days 2-6) I'm so freaking scared not even for the side effects but because if it doesn't work then what?!

Can I ask what iui actually involves? That if not successful will be our next step? And good luck with everything keeping everything crossed for you :)

HI guys, sorry I have been so busy. Well 2nd IUI fail. Got weird spotting and then (I guess) af for 1 day. took a test and negative and then did and u/s and nothing. so started clomid again. IUI for me was a process of u/s bw day 1-5 to check for cysts. Then clomid 5-9. Then OPKs starting day 10. sex every other day no restrictions and when positive opks go in for 2nd u/s and iui if ready. I have always had follicles. first 2 , then 4. But nothing. Not sure about injectable since I know I ovulate and check my own progesterones at work. So we'll see. FOr me IUI was extremely painful. Although I had a 100% clear HSG they found adhesions and stenosis at IUI. So it was incredibly painful. wasnt prepared for that. Second was better. AFM clomid gives me extreme hot flashes. I am always cold and now sweating:(
Burning sensation in boobs, but fabulous sleep:)
How are you Malinko?

Good morning, bubbles. I'm so sorry to hear that the second iui didn't work. My heart absolutely breaks for you. I'm so glad you aren't giving up though and you keep going! I had decided I was going to give IUI 4. It's so bitter sweet after losing my dear father in law - so I give all the credit to him to bringing us this sweet pregnancy.

I'm doing fine. I don't feel pregnant - so it is still hard to believe. The only symptoms I am having is I am crampy off and on sometimes in the evenings but am tired at night time. My boobs are starting to get a little sore but nothing major. I go in tomorrow for an early ultrasound as I had an episode late Friday night with severe cramping and vomiting. However, an hour later I was fine. Doctor's told me it could be gastrointestinal as everything moves much slower in early pregnancy but I just cannot imagine that the level of pain I was experiencing was from that. It felt like when I have had cysts rupture in the past. I haven't had any problems since that night though so that is good. I was supposed to go next week for ultrasound so they moved it up by 5 days. I doubt we will get to see much - but hope there is something that can give me so reassurance. It's crazy how much panic and anxiety there is once you are pregnant. You are constantly worried about how the baby is and I fear a miscarriage so badly. I keep telling my father in law that he better take care of me and this baby and keep us both healthy!!!!

Natasha - our sperm count was 20 million with 89% motility. We did IUI 36 hours past trigger shot and I had two mature follicles. I went back the following morning for a follow up ultrasound that confirmed that both follicles had ruptured.

Hi ladies, I wasnt sure if it would be okay to join?? I am about to be on my second month of Femara and will begin IUIs this month. Still waiting for AF to arrive due to my progesterone, however I had a BFN this month :) We decided IUI will be our next step.

Hi all, hoping to join

My husband and I are starting third round IUI, medicated and monitored this month. Hoping for lucky #3 but unfortunately I am losing some hope after 18 cycles of trying....

Cycle # 1 - clomid 100 mg x 5 days, 5 follicles ranging from 13-18 (i think two 13, one 15, one 16 and one 18) trigger, IUI 36 hrs post trigger, 60 mil sperm - BFN
Cycle #2 - decreased to clomid 50 mg x 5 days, 2 mature follicles at 20, triggered that night and IUI the next day....they were afraid I was about to ovulate so I still did trigger, but we did IUI ab 16 hrs post-trigger ----- 30 mil sperm ---- BFN
Cycle #3 - clomid 50 mg x 5 days planned....scheduling ultrasounds earlier than last cycle since I seem to stimulate fast

I have been getting IUI from CD11-14, so hoping earlier ultrasound will let us trigger and time perfectly.

We are unexplained and already have our appointment midway through this cycle to discuss next steps....ie IVF. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by that, especially because it will be out of pocket. Been thinking about adoption a lot too. Hard to put all your money in one basket when you have had 18 cycles of negatives......

Hi Ladies... I've been contemplating joining a page with TTC forums for a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time now I and have finally taken the jump. After reading through a few discussions... I was hoping to join this one while on our TTC journey...

Background:
almost 4 years TTC, all testing came back great for both my husband & I, put us in unexplained infertility... we tried 1 cycle of IUI with 50mg clomid & Ovidrel trigger shot last year in March... the BFN took a toll on me so we decided to hold off on doing any more cycles... fast forward 12 months and we've decided to give it another shot...

Current Status:
Cycle #1 IUI (for 2015 at least), took 100mg of clomid on days 3-7, went in today for ultrasound, found about 5 follicles ranging from 18-22mm, had the Ovidrel trigger shot in the office and scheduled for IUI tomorrow...

I'm hoping to find ways to make the dreaded 2ww go by faster and with less stress...

Congrats to malinko on your BFP!

Hoping for the best for you jjbubbles!

GL JE2003! Will keep fingers crossed for you!

I understand the emotions with failed IUI.....we are on cycle #3, day two of clomid. But we have done back to back treatments, BFN.

The first IUI was much worse emotionally than the second....I have found my perspective grows and changes each month. Sometimes I think it is good to take some time to recollect and refocus, ya know?

Wishing you can stay positive this month!

GL JE2003! Will keep fingers crossed for you!

I understand the emotions with failed IUI.....we are on cycle #3, day two of clomid. But we have done back to back treatments, BFN.

The first IUI was much worse emotionally than the second....I have found my perspective grows and changes each month. Sometimes I think it is good to take some time to recollect and refocus, ya know?

Wishing you can stay positive this month!

The first fail is definitely the most difficult and even though this is considered my "first" iui cycle with this new doctor & clinic, I feel like we are better prepared and I have convinced myself that I will stick it through the 3 recommended cycles should we need them...

Our ttc journey has been difficult since my husband and I have been quiet about it for the last 3 years but this time around I feel that it helps way more talking about it and just taking things one day at a time (easier said than done, I know :dohh:) Hope cycle #3 is your lucky one! Keep us posted!

Hi girls and welcome:)
Malinko I am so sorry you have been sick. How did the next U/S go?
I had my 3rd IUI yesterday. Follicles 20 and 25, they dilated my cervix and easily performed IUI. Much better than the first time.
Wishing you all the best this cycle...anyone having hot flashes from clomid? Holy crap, I am dying and usually I am always cold...

Third and final IUI scheduled for Saturday am.....fingers crossed!!

We will be moving on to IVF if this doesn't work. Met with our REI yesterday to go over that and just discuss it.

She said we could do up to 6 IUIs....but we are paying out of pocket, and I think three failed IUIs (medicated and monitored and HCG shot) is enough for me to move on to something with better odds.

Ultrasound showed lots of mid range follicles....I was a little disappointed because our first cycle with 100mg clomid we had lots of mid range ones.....so we lowered the dose to 50 mg last IUI and had two strong mature follicles.......on 50 mg again this round, and back to have having lots of mid range and only one that was looking more dominant.

Who knows?!?! just say your prayers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->