FIRST CYCLE on Letrozole/Femara!

MrsCompass

Reaction score
Hello All - It's my first cycle on Letrozole. My Dr prescribed me 2.5mg and I'm to take daily for 5 days (CD#3 - CD#8). My day #1 on femara was lastnight. I took it at 8pm. So far, no side effects. I felt some slight hot flashes this morning but other than that .. so far ... so good.

Anyone else on Letrozole???

I take 10mg on cd3. It gives terrible headaches. I was told to take it before breakfast time also. x

I did it a few cycles ago. I was on 2.5 mg on cd 3-7.

It gave me a headache for 10 days straight and bad pms.

Good to hear that you haven't noticed any side effects yet. Hopefully you won't!

Good luck.

My Cycle Monitoring started yesterday, which was my CD#3. The Nurse said I didn't have cysts and I have 15 follies on each ovaries. So, no cysts .. does that mean I don't have PCOS anymore?

(I should have asked the Nurse. I'll ask again on Friday when I go back for another day of monitoring)

I am on 2.5mg letrozole cd(3-7)
I am on Cd3 and just took my first dose today
I am doing IUI this cycle

Hi Shareena - I noticed youre from Brampton. I'm from GTA East.

Yesterday was my Day #2 on Letrozole - I guess our cycles are not far. My Doctor wanted to do monitor my cycle first and time intercourse before proceeding to IUI. This is our first cycle. Fingers Crossedx.

Ladies - when did they symptoms start? Since, I'm not feeling any, I'm paranoid that it might not be working? Or should I just really consider myself lucky? lol

Good Luck, my first cycle on Femara seems to be a bust, as I'm on CD20 and no O. Going to do 7.5mg when my cycle starts in December.

Think af is on rhe way!!!! Cycle 2!!!! O

I start my first fermara tablet tomorrow after two rounds of Clomid. I'm taking it day 4 to 9. Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone!

Mrs.Compass ,

I am seeing Dr.Physelman at Markham fertility clinic... who r u seeing ??
I had my baseline ultrasound and they found two cysts and my doctor said v might have to cancel the IUI this cycle :(

However, I have another ultrasound next Thursday hopefully the cyst would have shrunk or v have to do TI as well

I am kind of disappointed because i was looking forward to this cycle

As for symptoms i am just getting headaches and i am not sure whether its from letrozole or something else also i feel cramps in my ovaries already

Good Luck ladies

Last day of Femara tonight!!! I go in for an u/s and blood test tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how and what femara does to my body ... :)

Hi Shareena - I didn't see your previous post. I just saw it now. Yikes! I'm seeing Dr. Williams at Rougehill. I wanted to your Doctor but she is out of my way but I heard nothing but good things about her. My neighbour is also waiting to see your Doctor. :)
That's a long way for you, too eh? From Brampton to Markham?

And I'm very sorry to hear about the cyst. What is TI?

I went in today for my monitor. I finished my letrozole last night. Here's the findings:
Left: 1.0mm
Right: 0.7mm

I'm going back on Sunday for another monitor.

Hi Shareena - I noticed youre from Brampton. I'm from GTA East.

Yesterday was my Day #2 on Letrozole - I guess our cycles are not far. My Doctor wanted to do monitor my cycle first and time intercourse before proceeding to IUI. This is our first cycle. Fingers Crossedx.

Ladies - when did they symptoms start? Since, I'm not feeling any, I'm paranoid that it might not be working? Or should I just really consider myself lucky? lol

HI there, I am GTA central, I am on letrozole 7.5mg, day 4-8 and metformin 1500mg. I am symptom free really. It is nothing like life on clomid lol. I was on it last year, got pregnant in March 2010, sadly MC May @ 11.5 weeks. I am very optimistic about it, was pregnant quick, and no side effects. I am hoping for a BFP soon

Hi MK!!! Sorry about your loss. I m/c'd in September too :( Here's to another BFP!
Do you know anything about Follicle sizes? Do you think mine are good?

round 2 -femara 7.5 mg and injectables

Hi MK!!! Sorry about your loss. I m/c'd in September too :( Here's to another BFP!
Do you know anything about Follicle sizes? Do you think mine are good?

Sounds like the left is, I do believe, once there close to 2mm it means they will release. Are you taking metformin, once I started that with the fermara I responded quick, and it took 5 days off my cycle.

I took my last pill today and am on CD7, I don't get an ultrasound until CD13 to monitor the growth of the follicle and to see what is happening with the cysts

Mrs.Compass,

Yes Dr.Physelman is a fabulous doctor and i would recommend her to anyone ttc
TI means timed intercourse

As far follicle size you are still very early but looks like two follicles have started to grow which is a good thing

When is ur next ultrasound??

Good luck ladies ..baby dust to all

Sorry I have been so brief ladies...Well Any who I am starting my femara tomorrow cd 5-9 and i will start injectables cd 6. My first cycle did not work. Just wanted to break it down some more and GL!!!

3 tablets down!!! No side affects so far. So much better then Clomid! Fingers crossed we all get out bfp's xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->