First cycle was 134 days... Hoping the second is shorter. What was your experience?

Furbabiesonly

Reaction score
Hello ladies.
I hope your all well and having some luck ttc.

Ive posted a few times on here while desperately waiting for af after stopping the ocp diane after 10 years.

Finally on cd122 I got a positive opk and ewcm and coincidentally was having a ultrasound that day which confirmed ovulation. (The lady doing the ultrasound said either had ovulated or was about to..)

Anyway didnt get a bfp and on cd134 after 5 long months af arrived

I was sad I wasn't pregnant but glad she was finally here.... And hoped the next cycle wouldn't be so pain stakingly long...
Im cd15 today and no positive opk so far.

Fearing it will take forever again.

Those of you who have suffered long cycles after ocp what were the next couple cycles like? As long? Shorter and shorter? I hope someone can help.
Thanks.
X

Hey there!

I can most definitely relate, however mine was not quite that long. I came off the pill the beginning of January after 10 years on it and the last 2 I was using it continuously. My first cycle was 84 days, and the following cycle was only 29 days. I am currently in the middle of cycle 3. I ovulated the second cycle around CD17. So it got back to normal pretty quickly after the first long wait, but still having wonky hormones as my second cycle had light spotting for a lot of the second half, but I did have a clear positive OPK and ovulation during that one. I am currently getting close to my next time for ovulation, so hopefully its back on track now. Every doctor I've seen was not surprised at all, and in fact I went to see my gyno in March complaining of not getting my period yet, so she gave me prometrium to jump start it, and it started the next day without even having to take it! So I would say hold out some faith as I believe the first wait is always the longest, especially if you had pretty regular periods before the pill, which was my case with 28-29 day cycles. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply... You have given me some hope that it may not be so bad. I really hope it isnt. Once you have a baby on your mind its all you can think of and having such lonnng cycles suck and the thought of another one and only being able to ttc twice a year drives me crazy lol.

But thanks again. Ill keep up with my opks and keep my fingers crossed. Xx

When I came off the pill before getting pregnant with DD, first cycle was 168 days, then 49 and I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle on day 47. This time round it's not gone that way but I have been diagnosed with PCOS so that will be the problem. Hopefully yours goes back to something normal! Good luck x

wow betty 168 days. It really sucks huh. I'm glad they got shorter. Looks like unfortunately your having some cycle trouble again I'm sorry to see. Fingers crossed it gets sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->