First doctors appointment isn't until 9w3d

mummof1

Reaction score
Anyone else not have an appointment until later on? I'm slowly going crazy waiting lol! Feels so far away ! It's on August 27th.. Then I'm assuming she will schedule an ultrasound so that probably won't be until 11 weeks!
We really want to tell our boys but we were thinking we should wait until either after we hear the heartbeat or after my first scan .. Do you think I'll be able to find the heartbeat before 12 weeks?
I have my own Doppler .

I didn't have my first appointment until nearly 9 weeks, they don't rush! :haha: I found baby's heartbeat on my doppler just after 9 weeks. :)

My appointment isn't until I'm like 10 weeks. It's going by faster than I thought it would! I found out I was expecting at 4 weeks. I should be getting an ultrasound at my appointment and will consider telling my daughter then. I haven't decided yet. As for the doppler, I wanna say I was 9 weeks with my son when I found his heartbeat and will be trying with this one as soon as it comes in the mail. :D
That said, it's not uncommon to have trouble finding it before 12 weeks so be prepared for that. Doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong, the position of baby and the placenta makes a big difference.

I'm pretty sure I found the heartbeat last time about 9 weeks as well. There's this girl on youtube who did a tutorial and found it at 7 weeks though!

I had my booking in appointment at 10 weeks. That was with the mw. If you are in the UK, then it's your GP who has to book your 12 week scan. Well, I'm assuming it works the same across the country...

Have you seen your GP yet?

I haven't got a appointment yet but at my gp it takes 5 days just for the pregnancy test!

Yesterday after weeks of scans etc finally got good news seeing the heartbeat etc and making it 7 weeks 2 days!! Was told to phone my midwifery unit and they said they don't take booking appointments till gone 8 weeks. Pretty sure with my first the minute I found out they booked me in.

Thanks everyone for your replies !
I'm going to try my Doppler around 9 weeks I think.

And MariaF - where I am I don't have to see my GP because I recently saw my OB in May when I miscarried , so I didnt need a referral or anything this time. Just called up my OBs office and told them I had positive tests and then they booked me in for the 27th. I'm also waiting on hearing back from my local midwifery to see if they have a spot for me!

I went to a Women's Resource center when I got my 3 positives to confirm I was pregnant, they gave me another pregnancy test since their policy is they want to see a test taken at their facility first to confirm a pregnancy and then they will do an ultrasound. I was 7 weeks and 5 days by US. I thought I was somewhere around 10 weeks because of my last period but having surgery the next week after my period threw everything off! I figured it up and got pregnant 9 days after surgery! Who knew haha. But I have an US in 3 days and I'll be 10 weeks and 4 days on that day! I'm getting excited! I know that feeling of having to wait!!

I would love to have an ultrasound now !
We actually just caved and told our boys lol everything seems to be going well unlike with my chemicals .. My first chemical I lost it at 5 weeks and my second was just very faint lines before my period was due then my period came.
Now this one has been such strong positives since 10 DPO.. I feel pretty confident so we just randomly got all excited and decided to tell them lol!
They were excited :)

I had my booking in appointment at 10 weeks. That was with the mw. If you are in the UK, then it's your GP who has to book your 12 week scan. Well, I'm assuming it works the same across the country...

Have you seen your GP yet?

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't. My GP was able to refer me to the obstetric endocrine clinic, but not to the midwives, I had to phone them myself, and they deal with the scans, which are not done at the ultrasound unit in my local birthing centre, but instead at the central hospital. To change appointments I can at least phone the main hospital directly. I wish it were simpler, why it can't be the same across the UK I don't know!

I would love to have an ultrasound now !
We actually just caved and told our boys lol everything seems to be going well unlike with my chemicals .. My first chemical I lost it at 5 weeks and my second was just very faint lines before my period was due then my period came.
Now this one has been such strong positives since 10 DPO.. I feel pretty confident so we just randomly got all excited and decided to tell them lol!
They were excited :)

Awwe that's exciting! I'm sorry about your chemicals, it's good that you've had strong test lines this time around! Hope all is well with baby! :happydance:

had to wait 3 weeks from when I got my bfp to have an appointment/ultrasound, and it felt like it took forever!

For everyone that has found the heartbeat on doppler from 9 weeks on, what doppler do you use? I just received a Sonoline in the mail yesterday and I am dying to use it but I just turned 8 weeks today. I remember my last 2 pregnancies I also found he heartbeat from 9 weeks on but it was a rented one, I don't know if it was better then the one I have now but I am dying to use it!

I have the Sonoline B one and was able to find DD's heartbeat at about 9 weeks last time. The other day I saw a youtube of a girl using the same doppler and finding the heartbeat at just over 7 weeks! It's probably a long shot, but if you already have the doppler, I'd give it a try. I'm going to try mine then too.

I probably will try it just for fun ! I won't get worried knowing it's a little early to hear it yet!
I'll let you guys know if/when I do find it !

My scan is at nine weeks and 3 or 4 days. Then two days after that I will have my first official checkup for this pregnancy.

8w 5d. Found the heartbeat once really quick yesterday but not today. It's still early but I'm not going to stop trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->