First Dr. appt. TTC 36 yrs. old - what to expect?

ellabelle

Reaction score
Just wondering what to expect when TTC over 35. First month of trying, no bfp yet, but wondering if the doc might want tests right away....any heads up would be great.

I think it depends on where you live. I live in Canada and if you are "late 30s" they will test for several things after only a few months of trying. They will test your FSH to see if you still have plenty of eggs, they will test your partners sperm for quality and quantity, they will also test a big range of other stuff such as thyroid, blood disorders, lupis.
I would go to the Dr asap and ask for all the tests they can give you - if you have a challenge ahead of you, you might as well find out early.
Good luck!
Pea

the general guidelines in the US is testing after 6 mos TTC if you're over 35, after 1 year if you're under 35. But of course that depends on what your particular insurance is willing to pay for.

Here in Greece they dont consider 35 any differenent than say 30. They will not test unless you either have not conceived in 6 months or have 2 or more mc.

Thanks all! I appreciate the info very much! We'll see what happens Friday. This was the first month of trying, but NTNP for five before that.

Good Luck hun with all the testing :flower:

Here's some babydust
:dust:

Thanks all! I appreciate the info very much! We'll see what happens Friday. This was the first month of trying, but NTNP for five before that.

In my mind I would say that is 6 months. If you tell your doctor you've not been using contraception for 6 months, they should want to get testing straight away. I would even pay for tests if you have too. My doctor was good, she was prepared to order tests after 3 months, as she didn't see the point in wasting time, if there was an actual issue. I'm glad she was so pro-active, as she's saved us a lot of time (which isn't on our side!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->