First fertility appointment

Hey MIzza,

Yeah thanks for that - will be interesting to know in advance what will happen - especially as you are not too far away from Nottm & Derby!

I'm ill too, so loading myself on paracetamol, but AF just finishing no worries for me there... Jusdt too tired to do anything with hubby at the moment as he is ill too - just seems we get better from one cold to come down with another.
Think a lie in tomorrow will do wonders though!

Good luck for today!

Back from appointment. They did our height and weight, then we sat and chatted about our medical histories and how long we'd been trying, what kind of things we'd used (OPK's etc) then he did some swabs from me (not that bad!) to test for STD's - routine apparently.
Now he's referred us now for an ultrasound scan and then a hyser......gram thing that basically checks whether the tubes are patent with dye. has to be done in first half of the cycle so hoping that they can do it this cycle. we did plead with the department and shall hear on monday whether our pleas were successful, if not we won't be able to have that done until February cycle. he reckons all this takes about 8 weeks and then we go back for all the results and they'll then decide what is best for us with regards treatment options. they're also sending hubby for an indepth sperm analysis :0) all in all not that bad! oh and stupidly tested when i got home (just incase) and BFN! xxx

Hi. Had a lovely Xmas thanks. Did u? Glad uv not got any signs. Fingers crossed :)
Third day of positive opks today so glad :)
How was ur appt xxxxxx

Sorry didnt refresh page before u sent !!!! What a fool. Will read and reply now :( xxxxxx

It will be interesting to see if we all have different experiences being at diff appts.
Iv had all std screening when I was referred.
It's going to be a long journey I think. I won't know at our first appt if this cycle was successfull. Do u think they will do a internal if ur in tww?
I found a page where ppl wrote there first appt experience and everyone's seemed so different. Is Loughborough part of care fertility xxxxxx

LOL we could all go to the same appointment!! It is part of Care Fertility, we've been referred to Leicester. They don't do the scanning in the gynae department apparently so have to wait for the radiology department to write to us. they did cervical swabs and i'm 12dpo so don't know about scans?
I agree, it's going to be a LONG trip I reckon. Still thinking pregnant 2013, baby 2014 in my head though!! :0)

xx

Has oh had sperm analysis already? And having to do it again? Iv been referred to gyno cos sperm is normal. I thought it would be to fertility clinic.
Pcsoph finally had my letter. There is no questionnaire just personal contact details to fill in! Looks like its different already xxxxx

hubby did the sperm analysis already but the motility was only 27% (normal 50%) so they're sending him for more detailed ''swim analysis''. we were told that we have all the stuff done at gynae clinic and then we go to fertility clinic. we stood outside the fertility clinic looking at the door and hoping :0) xx

Oh sounds interesting. bloke at work who's had iui said they do hiv tests as well..... So that'll probably what they test for!
Sammy good you got the etter - yes difference already, but if it's you they know already is the "problem" it might be different anyway. where as with me it s possibly just the hubby, so I'd image they'd do the same as mizza and check I'm not blocked, but I'll be dpo 14 by the time I go so whether they would be able to fit us in sooner otherwise it' 'll be the next t cycle for us too!

mizza1987, your visit read very much like my visit.

Thankyou :0) we've had a letter this morning with our next appointment for 1st March. Hoping for call today about HSG and still waiting for USS letter. AF started yesterday (boo hiss boo) so having my day 3 bloods done at work tonight :0) happy new year to you all and lots of baby dust! 2013 shall be our year :0) xxx

Just to let you know......HSG booked for 10th January x

Brill it's moving fast for u :) happy new year. I'm 3 dpo so taking it very easy tonight xxxz

mizza, I didn't have an HSG. I had a SHG. GL on yours and happy new year!

Happy new year! Does seen to be going quick. I'm cd3 today so had some bloods done at work this morning before coming home from the night shift! There's been no mention of a SHG so do they do either or? Hubby is taking his swimmers tomorrow for a more detailed analysis to look specifically at motility as the previous sample was only 27%. Here's to 2013 sticky bfps for us all!! X

my ob/gyn ordered only the SHG. After two failed Clomid attempts (and crying in the dr's office), ob referred me FS. FS was very surprised I haven't had the HSG though she didn't order it and I guess it's bc I had the SHG.

GL to us all w BFPs!!

typically the week when I've been in my fertile period been floored by flu and acute sinusitis - So on antibiotics, pAinkillers. So good job hubby has left . Me alone to sleep for almost 4 days solid.
least if the fertility clinic weigh me I've lost 7lbs over the last few days through no eating!!!
Roll on Monday!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->