• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First GP appointment and earlier scans WWYD?

Celesse

Reaction score
I am currently 4+3 with my 4th pregnancy, my 3rd ended in miscarriage and I'm due to see my GP on Wednesday as my post miscarriage appointment (which I really should have done a month ago) and to tell her I'm pregnant.

I have no LMP, my last period was before pregnancy #3. The only date they can use as LMP is the date of my D&C 10th August which puts me at 11+2. During my miscarriage I knew my ovulation date but there weren't interested and made me wait an extra 10 days while they confirmed the baby wasn't growing.

This pregnancy I have spotted at 8dpo, 9dpo (before BFP- I'm assuming IB), 13dpo, 15dpo, 16dpo. So I intend to mention this at the appointment. The spotting has now stopped, my tests are progressing and my symptoms are starting as I'd expect them to.

So what information do I share with the GP on Wednesday? Do I just tell them the dates (not dpo) I had spotting along with the date I got the first positive test? Do I mention the fact I know for sure when ovulation was? Do I print out my fertility friend and show them pictures on my phone of the OPKs and HPTS? Do I mention nothing other than being pregnant again and get scanned in a weeks as a "12 week scan"?

Before I had the spotting I was thinking I could just not mention the ovulation tests and get an earlier scan. After-all I wouldn't be taking an emergency slot off someone, just having a routine "12 week" dating scan. And since they weren't interested in my ovulation date when I was miscarrying why would they be interested now? But obviously the spotting means that I'd be heading for EPAU and a scan any way. Isn't spotting a sign of ectopic?

I'm certain that I will be scanned early due to the spotting, history of miscarriage and "uncertain" EDD, but I'm not sure what kind of spin I should put on it and whats worth sharing and whats worth not sharing.

TLDR:
My LMP is a miscarriage date and makes me 11+2.
Ovulation date makes me 4+3.
Recurrent spotting that's now stopped.
Seeing doc on Wed and wondering what they will do and what I should say.

And heres my chart if it makes it easy to see the dates from looking at it. The D&C was 10th August but the chart starts when I had a failed medical miscarriage on 1st Aug. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0a78//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I would tell them all the above and ask to be referred for an early scan given your previous miscarriage and the spotting you experienced. I can't see them using your LMP as a measurement in your case.

I had previous ectopic so when I went to doctor this time I told them I was pregnant and would like an early scan - there was no question that I would get one. Best of luck.

Just one last thing - spotting can be a sign of ectopic but for me it was pain that was the indication. So fingers crossed all is well for you x

I would have called them today and got the appointment today, re the possibility of ectopic. The only reason I didn't is that I'm so early they likely wouldn't see anything on scan for another couple of days anyway.

Im following :) my lmp is april 28th! After two back to back mc ive not had a period...im also nervous to call and nervous as to what to say this time.

The doctor I saw today was one of those who seems a little uncomfortable with patients knowing stuff. I took in my print out of FF, explained my dates including my tests dates and spotting dates. She took my ovulation date as correct, which is a first, every doc I've seen before has just discounted my ovulation date.

Awaiting a call back from EPAU as she was referring me. Doc said don't wanna scan too early and see nothing, so fingers crossed EPAU will actually see me though spotting has stopped now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->