First gp appointment today. Seriously scared.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
My first gp appointment is in 2 hours and 10 mins and I am freaking out. This id where the gp will confirm the pregnancy and refer me to a midwife. I'm seriously terrified of this appointment. I haven't really been feeling pregnant yet and so I'm scared im going to get there and be told I'm actually not pregnant and just had 4 false positives. By my calculations i should be 5+3 weeks so i know its still really early to be having symptoms but I just thought I'd feel more pregnant than i do. Time is really dragging on and I'm finding it hard to stay calm. Just feel convinced I'm going to be told I'm not pregnant. :cry:

-AussieBub

It's easy to get anxious, especially over these early appointments when we can't feel the baby moving around yet and have no idea what's going on in there... They're all scary appointments, in my opinion, until at least 20 weeks along. :hugs: What you're feeling is completely normal. I hope your appointment goes beautifully.

Well i feel like a complete idiot. Got myself worked up for nothing. When I was pregnant with DD, I had to give a urine sample for the doctor to confirm the pregnancy before referring me to a midwife. I thought today would be the same but when i said i was pregnant, the doctor congratulated me, asked about previous pregnancy and then sent me on my way saying the midwife will contact me in a few weeks with an appointment time. So yeah, freaked out for nothing and now just playing the waiting game until i get a call. Seriously feel so silly for being so scared.

-AussieBub

Aww don't feel silly. Its such an emotional roller coaster the first trimester. Im only 6 weeks and ive known 3 weeks. Feels like time is standing still. I feel anxious and worried too. Its hard to relax when we dont feel any kicks etc. i feel the odd bit if queasiness some days more than others and it lets me know im pregnant but im praying that it stays at this level so i can function. I envy people who don't have morning sickness. I dont cope well with being sick lol. I amsure everything will be ok. Xx

Aw glad it went well, don't feel silly early pregnancy can be a worrying/scary time so it's perfectly natural to feel anxious!

So much more anxious this time compared to my first pregnancy. Both pregnancies are already totally different from one another. It's weird.

-AussieBub

I was so much more anxious with my second pregnancy, too, but you know what? It's normal, and it's okay to be anxious and scared. :hugs:

I had my gp appt yesterday, felt exactly the same as you! Hoped they'd do a test just to confirm but they didn't, gave me my notes and off I went! I'm having symptoms now such as nausea and sore boobs which I didn't have with my first this early on if at all!

I didn't even get any notes haha. He asked when my last period was and if my last child birth normal? That was it. He didn't even weigh me which they did with my first. He just asked those two questions, told me what food and drink to avoid then sent me on my way to wait for a phone call from the midwife. It was very different to last time.

-AussieBub

Oh they're all so different! Mine checked my blood pressure and heart, asked date of last period, asked about last birth, gave me some notes and said to wait to hear from the midwife so we will see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->