First midwife appointment...

Nikie

Reaction score
I have my first midwife appointment and they will be doing a blood test.... Do I need to fast for that?! Or would they have told me if I need to fast? Thanks in advance!

Hey hun no u dont have to fast :) i have my midwife appointment friday xx

Hey hun no u dont have to fast :) i have my midwife appointment friday xx

Thank you so much! I need some food to settled stomach in the morning so that's a relief! X

No you don't have to fast. Hope all goes well with your appointment :)

the only appointment you really need to fast for is the glucose test you take around 28 weeks. Good luck with your appointment :)

Thanks all....will report back!

Good luck with your appointment nikie :hugs: No but id reccommend taking some water with you they are quite long appointments =) xx

I have my first midwife appointment on Tuesday and have read the different things they do and the information they need from you, but I wondered if they listen to your baby's heartbeat at all?
I know you don't need to have a scan to hear the heartbeat and wonder if they have the equipment to be able to hear it to make sure it is ok or whether they just let your 12 week scan do all that.
Would love to hear it before my scan so I know my little mite is ok.

Most midwives will not attempt to listen in before 16 weeks in the UK (not sure where you are) because it's very hit and miss before that.
The first appointment is generally to go over your history, do a basic check (blood pressure, etc), take bloods, and set out the plan/appointments for your pregnancy :)

Had my bloods and booking appointment today and they just filled out my notes and booked scan. They don't attempt to listen to baby this early on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->