First miscarriage

wannabenewmum

Reaction score
This is my first miscarridge and frankly I am scared and confused, I was told today after a heavy bleed early hrs of this morning that I have a missed miscarridge , they gave me 3 options
1 go natural if possible
2 medical intervention with tablets and pessary a
3 an op,
I don't know why this has happened ️although I kinda knew days ago, I think I drank too much coffee maybe , I am sad scared and just want it over with.
We gonna try natural a s rule how long does it's take

Sweetheart, coffee wouldn't cause this. I just suffered through first miscarriage this week. 60% are caused by genetic conditions of the baby not compatible with life. Others, later in pregnancy usually, can b caused by unknown medical conditions of the mother. It was nothing you did. *Hugs.* I had a natural miscarriage as well. Make sure you have support. Mine felt like labor, maybe a bit less intense, even though I was just over 6 weeks.

So sorry. I didn't drink coffee and had a MC. It is very unlikely it was caused by anything you did.

I think if natural it varies a lot. I had brown spotting Friday and heavy bleeding Monday. I still need a scan to check if its all done but bleeding is lighter now. It takes longer for some.

I'm so sorry for your loss. As previous posters said, it wasn't the coffee, or the too much exercise, or the not enough exercise, or the 2 ibuprofen you took before.you knew you were pregnant, etc... Most of the time a miscarriage happens because of a random genetic problem occurring very early in development that would.prevent the embryo from ever developing into a viable baby. It's so easy to try an blame ourselves, but it doesn't help. You need to be kind to yourself now more than ever.

I had a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks last month and, physically, it was not as bad as I expected. I started spotting on a Saturday afternoon, which progressed to pretty heavy bleeding with a backache by Saturday night. On sunday I had a few hours of scary heavy bleeding with clots and cramping, and then it eases up by Sunday evening. I had 2-3 more.days of period like bleeding and 1-2 days of very light bleeding. I actually ovulated around 14 days post-miscarriage as well. Everyone's experience can be different, but that was mine.

I'm glad that the natural route worked out for me because it gave me some sense that my body knew what it was doing. If you opt for no intervention, just make sure you ask for very clear guidelines about when to go to the ER about too much blood loss, when to contact your doctor about bleeding for too long, and how you will make sure your hormone levels have decreased afterwards.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks guys , at the moment I hd a big bleed on Wednesday am , but scan showed baby and sac still in tact , the ️️bleeding now seems to be on off but , I feel heavy in the tummy backs aching , I feel I am constantly on knicker watch I would of been 12 weeks tomorrow, ,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nothing you did caused this. Some women drink heavily and do drugs through out pregnancy and their babies go to term. There's very little short of doing heavy drugs and drinking that you can do to possibly cause one.

I also had a mmc and found out at the scan. I opted for an ERPC since my body didn't know or wasn't able to miscarry despite my baby dying. It wasn't as bad as I expected, just the contractions afterwards made me want to vomit.

I hope all goes okay. Just keep using hot water bottles and baths to ease the pain as best you can and do ask what are warning signs to look for. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss. As the other posters have said, it is not your fault. You did nothing wrong that would have caused your miscarriage.

There are no hard and fast rules as to how long it will take for a natural MC. A lot of it depends on how far along you were and how quickly your hcg levels are falling.

I had a MMC back in August when I should have been ten weeks, I found out my baby had no heartbeat and was only measuring eight weeks. There was no bleeding and I had still been experiencing nausea and tiredness so it took us very much by surprise. We decided to take the natural option as well. I didn't start bleeding until two weeks after we found out and it took a further four days for me to miscarry. From finding out until the actual passing of the sac it took about 18 days which was the longest 18 days of my life.

Sorry you are going through this. How big did your baby measure? I had a mmc discovered at 12 weeks a few years back, baby was measuring 8 ½ weeks. I had medical management then (basically a speeded up version of natural). It was intense but manageable pain-wise. But I opted for surgical management this time because I have bad memories of actually passing the pregnancy. It was messy and I nearly passed out. I was lucky (for me anyway) in that I didn't see anything. I wouldn't want that memory. But I was concerned that this time, that might not be the case and I just didn't want to take the risk. Plus, I want to spare myself the physical pain. I know it's cathartic for some and maybe it was for me last time. But this time, I just want to move on.
I'm not trying to change your mind but do prepare yourself for what a natural miscarriage may be like, especially at home. And if you do change your mind, don't be afraid to ask for medical or surgical management instead. I changed my mind from medical to surgical and it was no problem at all.

So sorry that you are going through this! I had a MMC I'm pretty sure. I'm currently going through the miscarriage. I would've been 5 1/2 weeks but I'm pretty sure baby died around 4 1/2 weeks because that's when pregnancy tests didn't show HCG anymore. Hang in there! :flower: It does help to rest and take it easy. I've been feeling VERY fatigued with the loss of blood and low iron. My hubby even grilled up a steak for me for lunch because I was craving iron so bad!!

Im so sorry for your loss hun, I miscarried for the first time last week and would have been 7 weeks, I went for a scan as I had started bleeding and they saw bleeding around the sac so thought it was a threatened miscarriage, they never gave me any advice or told me what to expect and I just wish I had someone tell me how much pain I would be in. I started bleeding and it got heavier then it got really intense for a few hours, that was when I passed the sac and big tissue...once that had passed it did ease up alot in the following days, so had severe heavy cramping for a day and then it slowed down, now on my 9th day and bleeding has stopped.

Im sorry you have to go through this, the pain is the last thing we need on top of the emotional upset of it all.

You will get through it lovely, just take each day as it comes, mine was natural and despite the heavy cramping one day it gives you the confidence your body is doing its job, plus you can get back trying straight away if thats what you decide, I think with a D&C you have to wait but not 100% sure on that.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->