**First Month TTC, ? IB 5dpo...? Is it possible? **

MrsT_x

Reaction score

Hi all,

Just looking for some moral support during my TWW! This is my first ever post ☺️ It's only our first month TTC so not completely up to speed with tracking etc but have been using an app to track my fertile window and occasionally checking my temp. We BD'd twice around when I think I ovulated (2 days before and 1 day after). Pretty sure I O'd on CD13, had all the 'signs', soft cervix, EWCM, emotional etc and a temp spike the day after.

Anyhow, I know it's probably unlikely it would have been a little early but 4-5 dpo I was having lots of mild cramping which felt like something was weighing down low in my uterus, odd feeling as I never usually cramp between periods and made me a little nauseous. On 5 dpo in the afternoon I noticed a small amount of spotting (brown coloured) in my underwear. I never usually bleed between periods either so all a bit strange.. I've continued to have some mild twinging but have no other noticeable symptoms since, only tiredness and feeling a bit more emotional (could just be me thinking too much!)
Took an early test today (8dpo) and BFN..

I guess I'll have to wait to see if I miss my period (AF due in 8 days).. Surely it can't be the first time? Everyone I know of seem to have taken months if not years to conceive? Who knows...?

Just looking for some advice or to chat with anyone who's TTC and having a similar experience?

Good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed ☺️ xx

First, welcome to the madness!

Keep in mind, I am a random Joe so take my interpretation with a grain of salt. Sounds to me like you confirmed O so you were def 5dpo. Yes, implanting at 5dpo has happened because I obviously googled it a few cycles haha. However, brown blood is old blood. I would say it is more likely spotting from O that just snuck it's way out rather than it being IB. It doesn't always happen, but it can. In any case, looking forward to seeing your tests! Lots of baby dust!!!

P.S. As you know 8dpo is super early. Also, your period isn't due for 8 days? I know you mentioned this is your first month, but a 16 day literal phase is incredibly long. Not impossible but long. Usually it is in the 12-14 range so just keep in mind your af due date may not be so far

First, welcome to the madness!

Keep in mind, I am a random Joe so take my interpretation with a grain of salt. Sounds to me like you confirmed O so you are def 5dpo. Yes, implanting at 5dpo has happened because I obviously googled it a few cycles haha. However, brown blood is old blood. I would say it is more likely spotting from O that just snuck it's way out rather than it being IB. It doesn't always happen, but it can. In any case, looking forward to seeing your tests! Lots of baby dust!!!

Hi DobbyForever!

Thank you for replying, I was wondering if it could be ovulation bleeding but I've never experienced it before so I have no idea.. I'm probably just over analysing and hoping too much! It is only our first try so I'm sure the chances are minimal..

I'm sure I'll find out if AF turns up on the 3rd :dohh:

Will let you know either way! x

If you over analyzing you are in good company here ;). If it was O bleeding, it's supposedly a sign of a higher grade egg. Your timing was great so def sending positive thoughts your way.

If more people don't reply (I know this thread is pretty new), I suggest starting another that states when you are testing and ask people to wait/test with you. Or find one already going. The sense of community it builds, even as some leave because they got their bfp. There are women I have obsessed with over years or months. It's a beautiful community here.

Sorry just realised what you mean about my period being due quite a way away.. It does say on my app to try testing in the next 4 days since I think I O's on CD13, it's all a little bit confusing, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.. It's something I've never payed much attention to before.. Thank you for your advice �� it's nice to have someone to talk to x

Aw thank you Dobby, It does seem like everyone has lots of support! I've been looking around for the last few days and it seems like people are lovely! Good Luck to you also if you're also in your TWW, sending positive thoughts also xx

I never had spotting before but from what i have been reading, urs sounds like IB:thumbup:

8dpo is still early to get positive, if you think u had implantation by 5dpo then u should be able to test positive by 9-10dpo

I never had spotting before but from what i have been reading, urs sounds like IB:thumbup:

8dpo is still early to get positive, if you think u had implantation by 5dpo then u should be able to test positive by 9-10dpo

Hi Golden,

It's all rather confusing isn't it.. I thought it was but then read about ovulation spotting... It's amazing how complex our bodies are isn't it, if only it was easy to know what's going on... Good luck to you if you're in your TWW also, any signs so far? :) xx

ahhh tell me about it, this is my 3rd cycle and im already convinced that all the early pregnancy symptoms are there to torture us!

Last month i had all the symtoms and got bfn, so this month im trying to take it easy.

7dpo today, i hav headache that started 4dpo, also uterus hurts like i hav infection (like this burning sensation) or like af is here and my legs are hurting too.

I had all these symptoms last months as well so i dont care too much about but i have a new symptoms today! i feel twinges at my lower abdominal area. Its really hard to explain.... you know when u get eyelid twitching, its like that but around uterus i think :shrug:

Aw I can totally understand.. You almost think your mind is playing tricks on you.. Ill have to try not to get my hopes up whilst TTC.. It's still early days! I hope this month it happens for you :)

Yeah I've had odd sensations too which are difficult to explain, almost like a heavy 'weighing down' feeling is the only way to describe it.. It was almost uncomfy sitting down the other day.. Keep us updated on your journey :) sending lots of luck and positive thoughts x

Aw I can totally understand.. You almost think your mind is playing tricks on you.. Ill have to try not to get my hopes up whilst TTC.. It's still early days! I hope this month it happens for you :)

Yeah I've had odd sensations too which are difficult to explain, almost like a heavy 'weighing down' feeling is the only way to describe it.. It was almost uncomfy sitting down the other day.. Keep us updated on your journey :) sending lots of luck and positive thoughts x

Well if u are skinny and feeling heavy, i think thats a good sign! Im not skinny so im feeling like cow 24/7 heheheh thats why cant rely on that symptom:bodyb:

:) I forgot to ask, is it safe to assume you are trying for your first?

Well if u are skinny and feeling heavy, i think thats a good sign! Im not skinny so im feeling like cow 24/7 heheheh thats why cant rely on that symptom:bodyb:

Aw Golden, I'm sure you're perfect the way you are :) I'm not so much skinny! Curvy maybe... :winkwink: nothing new to report yet. Was very tired and a little grouchy all day yesterday although I wasn't at work so had no excuse to be. Other than that, no symptoms.. :shrug: I'm sure it's all in my head but can't explain it x

Im very mean and grumpy lately, poor hubby. I usually get like this week before af, so i dont think its a good sign for me

Curious how you two ladies are holding up! Hoping you both get that bfp.

Curious how you two ladies are holding up! Hoping you both get that bfp.

9dpo havent tested, have some major symptoms today but it can be af signs too

my uterus are is twitching again today, fx its a good sign

Sounds good! It stinks how much early pregnancy resembles af resembles cold/flu lol. FX

And I have been pregnant several times/ on this site forever and I still get confused and have questions. No question is dumb, no symptom too crazy, and no picture too graphic lol

I know, some cycles i get lot of symptoms and have the perfect chart, but i try not to get hopes up because seen a lot of bfn in 3 months of trying lol

I was constipated yesterday and soft stool today so my hopes went down a bit because i get soft stool day before my af.

Hey!

I think it's a little early to get IB at 5 DPO. I've had IB at 4 weeks pregnant and it was brown cause it was old, so the fact that yours was brown makes me think it wasn't IB.

Fx this is your cycle though! It'd be awesome to get pregnant on the first try and be done with all ttc stress pretty fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->