First monty ttc

Lin2013

Reaction score
Hi all, this is our first month ttc and second day with flashing smiley on OPK should i keep testing once everyday or test more than this? Also im worried as i have an awful cold and hope i dont need steriods or antibiotics to clear it up, is it silly us ttc this month when we both arent feeling well?

Hi and welcome :)

If you're using the Clearblue OPK's, they advise you to keep testing until you get the solid smiley. Some women get flashing smiley's for awhile... the solid smiley shows your peak, and that's the actual positive OPK. So I'd keep testing at least once per day! I generally combine the Clearblue with the cheapie dip-sticks, and when I know I'm close, I test 2-3 times per day so I can pinpoint my surge and know basically when I'm going to ovulate.... in the morning with the Clearblue, then in the early afternoon and evening with the dipsticks.

And it can't hurt to TTC if you aren't feeling your best, as long as you both feel up to it! It probably won't be much fun, but it can't do any harm :shrug:

Hi there,
It's out first month ttc too! As the previous poster said, keep testing until you get a solid smiley as this will be at your peak fertility. I only test once a day though, at noon, and I've always picked up the surge.

Oh and I'd bd anyway if you and your OH are up to/for it...there's very few meds you can take if you're ill while pregnant so best to get used to suffering!!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->