First morning of school run and OH back at work Grr!

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
Well today is the first day of my oh returning to work and me staying at home to look after bubs... FFS!!

I should have known it was gonna all go wrong when I did the 4 o clock feed, sat there patiently feeding Oscar for around 45 mins then just as i was about to put him into bed i thought i'd change his nappy, when i took it off there was hardly anything in it so he didnt need changing after all, but i carried on anyway, and yes! he really did decide to projectile vomit everywhere!! so i then had to take all his clothes off to change him cos he was soaked! and then start feeding a new bottle all over again :dohh:

Disaster number 2! I have 2 older children I have to get to school with today being the first time I had to do it with the baby, I spent about 6 hours yday getting as organised as possible, was Feeling quite :smug: with myself this morning as I was ready a good hour ahead of time, get the coats and shoes on - children all immaculate check, mommy looking a beaut check, baby in car seat fed dressed and clean with coat on check - No fooking car keys!!! Still cant find them anywhere! thinking now OH may have took them to work by accident :cry: :cry: :cry: ended up ringing my mum in tears and she had to take them! Grrr all that planning and preperation for nothing!! Am so pissed off with myself its unbelieveable Really needed to vent...

Oh, you poor thing! You should still be proud of all that preperation though hun! You did a damn sight better than I did when OH went back to work!!

Aww no way!! Well at least you know you did it!

The few times Layla has projectiled Ive never fed her afterwards ? hmmm never thought of tis, but she's always gone on to her next feed as normal

OO poor u!! Silly OH GRRR!! Hope it goes better for u tomo.

Aww no way!! Well at least you know you did it!

The few times Layla has projectiled Ive never fed her afterwards ? hmmm never thought of tis, but she's always gone on to her next feed as normal

Its the first time Oscar has ever done that, I tried to put him back in his moses basket and he screamed the house down chewing his fist :dohh: 5 oz's of milk and another 45 mins later he finally settled x

:hugs: The preperation wasn't in vein hun, it just ended awful :( Tomorrow nothing will stop you! :D x

Thanks ladies, managed to stop beating myself up over it now, My DH told me to take comfort in the fact that I would have managed it and that I will never leave my car keys till the last minute ever again!! we both have a set and we think mine might be locked in the car which is annoying, got to wait for him to get home to check x

Let's hope tomorrow's a better day! :hugs: Jack's done that to me before, it was like a fountain... :dohh:

Awww Hunny.....least you knew if it weren't for the keys, you'd have got the kids to school on time. You were pretty damn organised hun, I'm never that organised, I only have to do the hometime run, I have all day to prepare....always end up forgetting something! So you done pretty good xox

Awww Hunny.....least you knew if it weren't for the keys, you'd have got the kids to school on time. You were pretty damn organised hun, I'm never that organised, I only have to do the hometime run, I have all day to prepare....always end up forgetting something! So you done pretty good xox

thanks hun, You got an extra one to sort out than me though too :) I dont think anything can prepare you for having to sort out 2 children and a baby first thing in the morning, and make all 4 of us look nice! I know a lot of people have more how on earth do they do it??

My sister has to deal with 7.....they are alot older, but she still has to make sure they got everything and done everything and are dressed properly....I don't know how she survives...I'd have a mental breakdown.

It's good that you took the time out to make yourself up too hunny...Massive Well Done to you xxx

Aww bless ya:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

That was the bit that I was most scared about....getting everyone up and out for the school run but to be honest it seems to be fine.
We get up around 7am, except Erin who usually stays asleep. I give the older 2 breakfast and feed Toby his porridge, then everyone gets dressed before the tv is switched on.
By 7.30am I'm having a brew, Toby drinking his milk and kids are glued to morning tv then I do Lauren and Abi's hair in platts, toothbrushes come out and a wash with the flannel for all (yep....lazy Erin is still usually in bed:rofl:).
At 8.10am I nip upstairs and get myself sorted while Toby is in his playpen and Lauren and Abi play with him and watch tv.
8.25am I drag Erin out of her pit:rofl: (lazy bugger) and get her changed, coat on and take her downstairs, put Toby in the stroller, Erin in the baby carrier, Lauren and Abi get their own shoes and coats on and get their schoolbags
....by 8.35am we're stomping to school:happydance:

I have to feed Erin as soon as we get back coz she's usually hungry by then....and I give Toby a rusk to eat as he snuggles up next to us while I'm breastfeeding Erin:cloud9:

It may take a bit of time, obviously a couple of months ago Erin used to need feeding earlier and I was often up at 6am ish but it still wasn't as bad as I thought with 4 small children. It may take time but like you said...being organised the night before getting uniforms and clothes downstairs ready for the morning etc, bags, coats and shoes near the door too can help enormously:happydance:

Good luck babe:hugs::hugs::hugs:. Pm me if you want:hug:

7 OMG!! I would be hiding in a corner somewhere rocking if i had that many lol!

Got the right eebie geebies today feels weird being on my own after OH having the last month off, planned to go out after school run so a shock to be on my own and stuck in, Pram is in the boot which i can see but cant get without the keys :dohh: I cant even walk anywhere! Ive logged off a few times to get some jobs done but find myself logging back on 10 mins later lol x

Hevz - your morning sound like a picture of tranquility!! good on you for doing such a good job! I agree with the telly thing too, I make mine get dressed beforehand else they zone out and I end up having to tell them hundreds of times and they get one sock on every half hour lol I'l take in board your tips and degree of organisation thanks hun xx

Aww, hon, it takes a bit to get into the routine. I started back at the school runs the next week after having Chase. And the unfortunate thing is I am back and forth as my son Jayden goes only 2 hours a day. Eventually you get into the routine. :)

It's haywire at the beginning but you will do just fine!

Hevz - your morning sound like a picture of tranquility!! good on you for doing such a good job! I agree with the telly thing too, I make mine get dressed beforehand else they zone out and I end up having to tell them hundreds of times and they get one sock on every half hour lol I'l take in board your tips and degree of organisation thanks hun xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:erm no tranquil moments here in the mornings I can tell you. I'm sweating like a fat lass at a disco by the time we reach school...all hot, bothered and harassed:dohh::blush::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:erm no tranquil moments here in the mornings I can tell you. I'm sweating like a fat lass at a disco by the time we reach school...all hot, bothered and harassed:dohh::blush::rofl:

:shock: that sounds like me!! aint it funny when you get to the school all the other mums, even the ones with babies, look like they made it with ease :rofl: its all a con!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->