First MW app today and flu Jab doubts, help!!!

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I have my first midwife appointment this afternoon I'm being seen early because I was on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets when I fell pregnant (pnd) also because I have suffered 3 losses, I'm going to try get booked in for an early scan because of previous losses I am very anxious, but my problem is I know the midwife is going to ask me to book in for my flu jab, well although deep down I know it wasn't the flu jab that caused my first miscarriage the thought is still in my head because I had the flu jab at 5 weeks pregnant before and a day later my pregnancy symptoms stopped, I tried to think nothing of it but when I went for an early scan a few weeks later my baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks and I was going through a missed miscarriage and it just sticks in my mind that it was around the time of the jab that my little baby stopped so I'm really struggling do I or don't I get the jab?!

Can you wait to get it a little later? Like after seeing the heartbeat

If it's going to put any doubt in your mind, don't get it. My midwife didn't even mention it at my appt last week though. Maybe agree to have the flu jab in second tri? If you want it at all.

I was supposed to have the flu jab on Saturday but I cancelled it as I actually came down with a horrible virus. I'm reluctant to go and get it till I'm feeling better and even then that jab has always made me feel crappy after (even tho they tell u it shouldn't) I'm thinking of waiting till 2nd tri 😘

While the flu jab is safe and it was most like a coincidence last time, I wouldn't blame you for waiting until the second trimester. My docs are running fly clinics up to mid December, so you should be OK? Even if yours aren't, I'm sure if you tell your doc you've missed the flu jab and are pregnant, they'll find one to give you a bit later on!

Plus, if you are feeling crappy with MS or general tiredness, the flu jab can make you feel a bit rubbish. I have one every year for asthma and I always feel pants for a couple days afterwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->