First OB appt Yesterday

WhosThatGirl

Mommy of 4 amazing kids!
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I was much to sick yesterday to write out a long post but am feeling better today. My appointment was at 9:45am. I got there and first thing they wanted was a urine sample. So I left the sample then went back to the waiting room and they called me back pretty fast. This is the same DR that delivered my daughter 5.5 years ago but I had only seen them like twice before I delivered because my midwife felt i was to high risk, I got transfered to these Dr's and put in the hospital that week on hospitilized bedrest the rest of my pregnancy until they induced me so I never really saw their office or anything.

Anyways, my first nice surprise as we were walking back to the room I was going to be put in, as we walked past other rooms with open doors I saw that each room had an ultrasound machine in each room. That was a nice surprise and leaves me hopeful that I will get a few extra sneak peak ultrasounds this pregnancy :) After my exam as I was getting dressed I snapped a pic of it so if any of you who are concerned or wondering about the ultrasound (i know a few ppl have asked how big the transvaginal wand is they use) you can see it here in this picture.
drsofficeroom.jpg

Ok so I got put in the room, where they weighed me in the room since they have a digital scale set up in each room. it was nice not getting weighed out in the hallway like at most dr's for all to see.

They took my blood pressure which was great, and then I waited. The Dr came in and we chatted for a bit about my previous pregnancies and due to the complications with my last pregnancy she said they will keep an "extra eye" on me. She reminded me of the run down of what not to eat blah blah blah. Then we did a pelvic exam/pap smear all that fun stuff. We didn't do an ultrasound since I had just had one the day before (darn!) After the exam she sent me for lab work in the lab where they took SEVEN vials of blood. She also had me do the glucose diabetes test because I told her I have gained 50 pounds unexplained this last year, and I don't eat unhealthy or anything so it doesn't make much sence. So just to be sure she wants to run the glucose test now and again at the standard 28 weeks. So i drank the nasty orange drink then waited for an hour then they drew my blood which took forever, and I was on my way. I felt sick the rest of the day from already being ill with morning sickness then drinking that nasty glucose drink on top of it, i was not well for the entire day!

I got lots of "freebies" while at the Dr. They gave me a nice black sling backpack style diaper bag full of freebies like wipes, diaper cream, some breastfeeding info, freezer packs for freezing milk and keeping it cold, I got a nice full size book "Pregnancy, Birth, and the newborn".
stufffromdr.jpg

My next appointment is August 23rd. And I am waiting on a call this week for the Fetal Maternal medicine dept. of the hospital to call me to set up my appt for my 12 wk scan.

Oh I also wanted to mention that I did spot last night after the exam, and the dr said I probably would because she could see i was already starting to bleed a little as she did the cell scraping so she reminded me not to freak out if it happened. And it did happen, but is gone today. So i wanted to pass that info along in case anyones dr forgets to tell them they may spot after the exam.

Sounds like a great doctors office and freebies too. We don't get any free stuff at my place.

oooh nice freebies..

i got some crap flyers and a nursing pad. lol

Hi! I live in seattle and my doctor's clinic looks nothing like this. Just curious to know where this is located, if you don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->