First period can I use tampons?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
My period has finally come after spending 6 weeks wondering when it would,an boy is it making up for lost time. I brought maternity pads in for it as loads of people said it would be heavy but bloody hell!!.. I seem to using more than I did with my postpartum bleeding! So can I use tampons or do you have to lay off them for so long before using them again? I only had 2 grazes and they've healed now. No stiches or anything.

It's getting me down because I just don't feel clean and seem to be changing the pads every 20 minutes!

Yep, you can use tampons. My periods before pregnancy were light and lasted about 3 days. I've had two since giving birth and they've been horrendous! I've had to use the Tampax Super Plus tampons and change them every two hours! I used maternity pads with the tampons as well! Mine have lasted about 6 days. x

My first period was at 6weeks pp and I had the same problem. I used tampons and I'd had a second degree tear and stitches, but it was absoloutly fine xx

i was wondering the exact same thing! I only stopped bleeding after having my baby about a week and half ago and now i'm bleeding again (i'm assuming its my first period even tho i didn't expect it so soon) and its so heavy its driving me nuts! I'm using pads at the mo as i wasn't sure if it were too soon for tampons incase it caused an infection or something

i was wondering the exact same thing! I only stopped bleeding after having my baby about a week and half ago and now i'm bleeding again (i'm assuming its my first period even tho i didn't expect it so soon) and its so heavy its driving me nuts! I'm using pads at the mo as i wasn't sure if it were too soon for tampons incase it caused an infection or something

Hiya!... I did use tampons in the end but to be honest they just weren't as comfortable as they use to be lol. It kind of felt like they were just slipping out (sorry if TMI!!!).. Maybe some more pelvic floor excuses before i go back to them :rofl:

I've always hated using pads because I feel so unclean. I think you feel pretty grotty anyway whilst having your period, and using a pad always makes me feel worse! But I decided for my first period which was when my son was 11 weeks old that I would use pads just so I could check that things were normal (that I wasn't passing any large clots or anything - I'm a born worrier!) but this was just for my own peace of mind. I think really you would be fine using tampons though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->