First post annd need some opinions

Courts0228

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I'm new to posting here (I've seen the site a few times whenever I got curious) and im not really sure where I belong lol. We are technically waiting to try but we use the pull out method which isnt really a method so I kinda consider that ntnp. However Thursday night my husband didn't pull out AT ALL and I've been shocked and over thinking everything since then. He didn't really say much about it, he did say "well at least you know I'll eventually do it when we start trying" followed by you better not be pregnant. It was the day after my period so I told him the chances were slim to none knowing that you have to be ovulating in order to conceive. So I really didn't think too much about it except on Saturday I noticed lots of cm which confused me because I thought it would be too early to start seeing signs of ovulation(im technically not due to ovulate for another week). So now im getting worried because I read that sperm can live up to 3-5 days and i've had lots of cm since Saturday so im just gonna go ahead and assume im ovulating early. So my question is has anyone been in this situation? I saw a post similar to this but it didn't really have that much info. I dont even know when to start counting dpo now or when I should expect my next period.

A little background info on us. I'm 26 and DH is 27 and at the end of the month will be our 1st anniversary. Im baby crazy and he wants to wait a few more years but I got him down to a year and a half but if it were to happen before then he said he would be ok with it, so if anything comes of this it will just be a blessing. He just wants to travel a bit more and have some time together before we start trying. Anyways, any info/opinions would be great:) Thanks Courtney

Hiya :)

I'd imagine it's unlikely that you'll be pregnant. The cm you have had could just be sperm working its way back out ... Gross but true! It would be super early for y to ovulate but I guess there's always a possibility!

I'd have a chat wit your OH and let him know that if he's definitely adverse to a baby in the new year or so, that extra precautions might be a good idea. I got pregnant with our LO whilst taking the contraceptive pill so she was a big surprise as I've never missed or been poorly etc. we were both thrilled after the initial shock and are starting to think about number 2 (my ticker is wrong, I'm not pregnant!) but I can see how, if someone is set on seeing the world a bit before kids, they might find the arrival a bit hard to settle into.

Hope you get the outcome you want. Wouldn't it be nice if you could take a test straight after DTD?!x

Lulu,
Thanks for your response! I thought it might have been that as well and looked into that but everything I saw said that it comes out almost right away, or even the next day. I still have cm so im just assuming im ovulating early, but im not really worried about the possibility (well not as much as before). I think another reason why i was kinda over thinking it was because he had actually done it! He is usually 100% out before anything happens and all of a sudden he just done that. It was definitely out of character for him. And the first time that happened to me with out and pill/contraceptive so theres always the what if in the back of your mind.

I had a chat with him in June about all of this and demanded straight answers. I ovulated late and was freaking out and he said he wasn't worried because even if I were preg (wasn't) he would be okay with it. Which is how I got him down to a year and a half. Part of our problem right now is that I'm American and hes Irish and we're living in Ireland (for now) We both want to move back to the US and he doesn't want to be moving kids around to different schools/countries etc lol

Anyways, thanks for writing me back. Its hard being in another country, I would just call my friends normally and chat with them about all this, but they are usually still in bed when I can get on here. Good Luck with #2 :)
Courtney

No worries. Your mind has a wonderful and annoying way of making you over analyse everything your body throws at you when babies might be on the cards!

I also understand not having your friends close, it can be frustrating but sometimes less embarrassing talking about stuff with complete strangers online ... not sure how that works but it does!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->