First preggo plane ride...

Chezwick

FTM to Clark
Reaction score
Well... going on an airplane tomorrow. Now first, a little back story: I get motion sickness on plane rides on a regular day. So you can imagine how excited I am to embark on this adventure tomorrow after suffering pretty much constant nausea for the last three weeks. :wacko: My plan? To not sleep tonight so I'm so loopy I pass out the second I sit down. Plus a little Dramamine, crackers, and a motion sickness band shouldn't hurt either.

Any success stories out there to keep my hopes up for a sickness free trip????

Thanks bunches!

I'm like you but in my old job I had to fly quite regularly, flew 3 times in my first tri with DD and actually found it easier than before! Probably cos I was so bloomin tired tho haha

I flew 4.5 hours to Mexico on Monday and was ok. I HATE to fly...usually take Xanax but didn't want to risk it so doc had me take 3 mg of melatonin which helped and I had brought some preggo pops and ginger ale. good luck :hugs:

No advice really. I flew to Europe at 8 weeks and had no problems. Then a few flights in between and then an 8 hour flight back home at 13 weeks. Still no problem. My flight at 33 weeks was way worse. Just had to take very deep breaths. Drink water eat crackers. Gatorade really helped me as when I was sick in the third trimester it was intestinal. Worse to deal with I think.

I wouldn't be tired on an airplane if I were you. I was last time I flew, so I succumb to headaches when I'm tired. But on an airplane and going way up into the sky, my ears were popping something crazy and I have the worst migraine headache ever, which brought nausea. This was pre pregnancy. So I wouldn't recommend flying when tired. The jet lag in the air and return on the ground is excruciating.

I normally take travel sickness tablets for flights, but didn't dare to last month, and I had to fly a few times.

Three major things that help me are:

1) Suck mints during take off and landing - it helps to stabilise the pressure in your ears and is good for sickness anyway. It also gives your tummy something to deal with rather than building more and more acid.

2) During take off and landing, put your head on one side - as far over as possible. Part of travel sickness is your eyes and ears giving you mixed signals. Your eyes tell you the horizon is steady while your ears know when the plane banks etc. By putting your head on one side you help to disable the inner ear and reduce the sickness. I also find I am better if I don't sit next to the window - seeing what's going on makes me worse. :blush:

3) Stay hydrated and eat regularly, even if it is just small amounts. On a short flight you can get away with not eating during the flight, but you should try to eat at least a snack if it's several hours.

I wouldn't be tired on an airplane if I were you. I was last time I flew, so I succumb to headaches when I'm tired. But on an airplane and going way up into the sky, my ears were popping something crazy and I have the worst migraine headache ever, which brought nausea. This was pre pregnancy. So I wouldn't recommend flying when tired. The jet lag in the air and return on the ground is excruciating.

I'm sorry that this is your experience but if I were to never get on a plane when tired then I'd never be able to go to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->