First pregnancy, 38, and single

SookieFang

Reaction score
I am extremely happy, but also extremely scared to be growing a wonderful surprise baby. I've always wanted children, but I wasted a lot of years with a man who did not, thinking it was about me. My due date is in early July.

I have so many questions, so I hope this is the right board! :flower:

I don't know any women in town and have no immediate family. I've tried to locate support groups, but none seem to be of interest to me. I do plan to take prenatal yoga.

I obviously have to continue working, so HOW do you figure out daycare? How will I be able to leave my child with a stranger? How will I concentrate on work? Can I afford decent child care? How do I know what kind of car seat to buy? I was working from home, but sometimes I work at an office cubical. (No one from my team or division is nearby)

To top it off, I just signed a contract on a small house. I think it will be accommodating with some baby gates.

The father of the child has three children from a previous marriage. He sees them almost every day, which is good. He plans to move in with me, so I realize that they will be visiting my new house. I worry about them being around a newborn.

I'm obsessing, praying, being delusional, crying, feeling nauseated, lonely, sleeping, spacing out, and not working enough. It's too early to tell anyone, but I don't even know who I'd tell. I'm 10 weeks, 5 days today.

I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, or comments.

Thank you, ladies!8-[

welcome to baby and bump :)

im sure everything will work out hun, its normal to worry about everything really.
if u ever need advice the girls on here are amazing :)
if u need someone to talk to anytime feel free to message me :)

congratulations hun :hugs: xx

Congrats and not to worry so much i am sure things will work out. I am here if you need to talk :)

:wave: Welcome to BnB!!!

Welcome to BnB! Whereabouts the midwest are you from? I grew up near Burlington, Iowa myself! It is near the end of my shift but I will get on and take a crack at trying to help with some of your questions in a bit, but didn't want to read your intro without saying hi! :D

Welcome to BnB! Whereabouts the midwest are you from? I grew up near Burlington, Iowa myself! It is near the end of my shift but I will get on and take a crack at trying to help with some of your questions in a bit, but didn't want to read your intro without saying hi! :D

Thanks, I'm a few states east of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->