First prenatal after or before early scan?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
Hi all. I have an early scan booked through my fertility clinic at 6wk4d (next week on NYE)... And if everything is okay w it then I can just see my OBGYN. My question is, should I call my OBGYN and make an appointment now? Or should I wait till the early scan to call when I know everything is OK? What would you do?

I'd go ahead and book an appointment, just in case they're really busy and might have a harder time fitting you in soon. :flower:

They went ahead and scheduled my nurse visit and OB visit at the same time :) I would go ahead personally! That way you can schedule around it too. Also since the first visits are the longest they said there's limited spots.

My doctor told me that she would book me in for a scan after I had my prenatal appointment, so you're lucky you get a scan first! As the others have said I would book the appointment now because they fill up fast and often aren't able to get you in for a couple weeks to a month, depending upon the clinic.

I called and made an appointment today. I get an early scan through my fertility clinic because we did fertility treatments. They make sure the pregnancy is "viable" before sending you off to the regular doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->