First round of Clomid... anyone else? : Update BFN on to round 2

SomedayMaybe1

Reaction score
My Dr. started me on Clomid day 5-9 this month and I am not sure what to expect. Looking for some buddies :thumbup:
Also any experiend clomid takers with helpful advice would be fantastic:hugs:

:UPDATE:
First round (50mg) Clomid BFN - only side effect was hot flashes
O on CD 18
AF arrived on 11DPO

March 2014 - Round 2 of Clomid (100 mg) cd 3-7 only side effect was hot flashes
O on CD 18
AF arrived on 12DPO

I am on my 2nd cycle of clomid since my mc in aug. I took clomid to get pregnant last yr and I had no side effects the first round, stomach pains & mood swings the second round, and the second round. Also I had more symptoms of 50mg than I did on 100mg....

I'm currently on my first clomid cycle (cd 14 today). I took 25mg from cd 3-7 and the only side effect I had were massive mood swings and bursting into tears all over the place. It was pretty awful but stopped immediately as soon as I stopped the clomid.

I usually have long cylcles of around 36 days. But yesterday, everything looked great at the doctor's! Ovulation stick is positive as of this morning / lat last night and everything looks like I'll have a normal lenght cycle for once! :happydance:

My doctor wants me to come in tomorrow to check and then she said, I'll get a shot to trigger ovulation if it hasn't happened until then. If I ovulate before, she'ss give me the shot regardless because it's also good to help with the second half of the cycle. I'm pretty nervous and pumped.

We couldn't bd yesterday so i'm hoping that a) today is not too late and b) my boyfriend will be in the mood and fit. :blush:

Hi. I was put on clomid 3 years ago and concieved first cycle unfortunately that ended in a mc and I started my second round a couple months later and also concieved again which resulted in my son who is now 22 months old. Currently TTC baby #2 and started back on clomid January 50mg days 2-6

My symptoms on Clomid are not the nicest I get headaches and migraines and when I ovulate I get the most horrid cramps ever that last a day or two which take me off my feet and I'm literally bed bound until they subside obviously everyone is different and some people don't even get cramps (I envy these people) I also get sore/tender boobes after ovulation which can be misleading signs and a lot of people mistake them as a pregnancy symptom x

I also have vision flashes when on 50 mg. all but the vision issues go away a day or 2 after last dose. The vision takes a few more days.

Hey ladies,
how are you doing? :)

I just came back from my ob and she said, I ovulated yesterday, probably during the late evening (hopefully because we bd'ed around 8pm).
I nevertheless received a trigger shot of Predalon 5000. She said, it would help the second half of my cylcle and a possible implantation.

She found lots of sperm cells in the cm she looked at (didn't take it from my cervix as in a proper postcoital test but rather more from the front) but they were all dead. She said that didn't have to still live considering that the cm changes directly after ovulation. But well... I'm a little concerned about that. But on the other hand happy that there are sperms and that the look good judging from a first view.

Well now I'm only hoping we didn't miss the right time and that all works out.

Hi ladies :) glad to have some company! So far the only thing I am dealing with is hot flashes but I am only on clomid day 4. I am hoping that this works for me -it's been a long 8 years TTC . Baby dust to all:thumbup:

Hi ladies :) glad to have some company! So far the only thing I am dealing with is hot flashes but I am only on clomid day 4. I am hoping that this works for me -it's been a long 8 years TTC . Baby dust to all:thumbup:

I have been ttc for 9 yrs now with one loss last year.... Hope the clomid works for both of us

Are you taking it at night? Cause that was the tip, I got... that way you're supposed to sleep through most of the symptoms.

:dust:

Hi ladies,
I am starting Clomid tomorrow :) 100mg days 2-6. Hospital originally wanted to scan me on cd 9-12 but could only fit me in on day 14. Is this ok do you think? Also, is it better to take Clomid at night to help avoid side effects? X

I just got home from the doc with a prescription for Clomid also. I've missed the days this cycle so I will have to start with the next cycle. Sad that I have to wait a whole cycle but who knows, we might do it on our own this cycle.

I am glad I am not alone... :)

Hi there, I've come home from the clinic today with a clomid prescription too so will be starting as soon as my next cycle arrives! Very apprehensive and glad to see that I'm not alone. Let us know how u get on!

I started using cbfm in June used it for a couple months then had a break from it, but started clomid in November so started using the cbfm again to track my ovulation and to see if the clomid worked I started testing on day 9 when asked for test I had too low fertility days but I have had 12 high fertility days, I have also been tracking my morning temperature and according to this I ovulated on day 16 so why am I still having high fertility on the cbfm and no peak? I have also been feeling very bloated for the last 2 weeks and feels like I'm about 4-5 months pregnant I'm so confused on what's going on can anyone help explain why this is happening
:wacko:

I think I've read that when taking Clomid you can't use OPK because it gives you a false "positive".

I took Clomid for my first pregnancy. Cycle 1 was 50mg and I did not ovulate. Cycle 2 was 100mg, I ovulated, and got my daughter!

We're TTC #2 now and I'm on cycle 6 of Clomid 100mg. I start my pills on Saturday CD3-7. I usually ovulate around CD17-18, and have a 16 day LP - I hate that my cycles are so long!!

I have not had any symptoms when taking Clomid, day or night. I have gotten symptoms throughout my cycle, though - like, cramps have gotten worse (normally don't get them, but I do now), more headaches, worse PMS, etc.

We've had a series of months with bad luck on timing - travel, illness, etc., so we've only really been able to "try" for 2 of the last 5 cycles. Hoping THIS is the one, because we're taking a break after this one - those hormones can be a bitch! My poor body can only handle so much!

GL!

Hey Ladies, how are you doing?

My temperature chart marked my O today so the TWW has officially begun for me. *sigh*

https://www.wunschkinder.net/forum/zanzeige.php?3,userid=69042,nummer=17

I think, I'll poas tomorrow and the nex couple of days, just to see, when the trigger shot is out of my system.

I'm excited but i'm also scared. My DP hasn't had a SA done so far but he'll be making that appointment today probably. I only learned after starting the clomid that he should've done it before but oh well.
I don't know but I'm really scared that something might be wrong there. I feel like it's easier to correct things that go wrong with the female part as there are so many options like clomid and the like. But if the SA comes out bad, there is pretty much only IUI/IVF/ICSI left. That scares me...

Have really freaked myself out about this yesterday. But I'll try my best and be positive from now on. After all, maybe this is the cycle it'll happen and the SA doesn't even matter anymore! :winkwink:

As for the OPK question: mine worked for me and didn't give me a false positive. I stopped using the Persona monitor this month because I was being monitored by my OB and just threw in some OPK in order to make sure...

Hi ladies! I'm cd14 on my first cycle with clomid since I had my DS2 in February last year. I needed 150mg to ovulate when I was TTC my first so I was put straight in that dose this time.
I took the clomid at night and didn't have any cramps or other symptoms but did have severe constipation, not sure if that was due to the clomid or not??
Fx this is our cycle!

I'm finished my first round of clomid 50mg a week ago, and am ovulating today! hoping it will be my only round, because the hot flashes, and headaches that lasted even days after my last pill, aren't very fun. I took clomid in the morning at 8am and the headaches and hot flashes were pretty random, somtimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon, or even somtimes before bed.. so I don't think it matters what time of day you take it.

I am on cycle day 14 my first round of clomid I took it day 5-9 and am tracking with the cbfm . So far I have had high readings since day 10 still waiting on the peak reading. Only symptoms are hot flashes so far. I feel like this is the longest cycle ever and I am not even in the TWW yet:wacko: how is everyone else doing?

Hi havn't read through posts so apologies if anyones already posted ths but i conceived my first with clomid & noticed it really dries up cm so used preseed the cycle i conceived. 11th cycle on clomid on 100. Docs didn't care to mention that so gt onto forums & othr ladies advised it well it worked! Anyway good luck hope u all gt ur bfp took me 5 years with first so i knw the agony. Oh & also 6 years later when i began trying for my second i started to wander will i need clomid again?? But conceived second cycle with no clomid so to those who are wandering for future pregnancies. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->