First scan only 7+4 not 12 weeks and found a cyst

OrkneyGirl

Reaction score
Well disappointed to find today that I'm in fact only 7+4 so back in five weeks to try again lol! Everything's as it should be at this stage and lovely beating heart to! Only concern is was noted there was a fluid filled mass on left overie it's nit big or to be of concern just now can be common I was told in pregnancy but still a worry. Has anyone else had this and it's been gone by next scan?!? I'm praying it's gone or the same size at least next time she's measured it all and will check next time just at back of my mind should I be more concerned?!? It's took me two years to conceve this baby it's my second one and it has been difficult with my cycle being so erratic could this be down to the cyct/mass?

Read up on pregnancy cysts its more common than you think. Its normal for a cyst to develop on the ovary that released the egg as it has to do with the hormones. Then it goes away after babies birth. I just read about it last night.

I had multiple cysts in both of my ovaries, and it worried me like crazy! My doctor wasn't concerned at all, though, and they did eventually disappear. I think they were gone by the ultrasound I had at 13 weeks because the doctor didn't say anything about them being there, but definitely by 19 weeks. They are common and, at least for me, I didn't notice they were there except for some extra tenderness and pain on occasion. Best wishes!

Like a pp said, they typically form on whatever side you released an egg from. I had them on both sides at 12 weeks and were gone by my 20 week anatomy scan :flower:

Thank you for replies ladies! Feel a bit better now, I normally would Google but the lady said to me not to google it as it can tell me worst scenarios and not to worry and will check again next scan so for that reason I was worried by how she said this and I was not wanting to google for fear that I would indeed ready horror stories and be terrified

Just my personal advice - the Google rule goes for anything and everything with pregnancy. I've learned the hard way not to Google things. You only get the bad stories, and you just work yourself up. Even though I try, I still fall victim to Google. Just today, I was searching because I was worried that I hadn't felt my little boy moving all day. Read horror story after horror story until I was very depressed. As I went to type this... he's in there kicking away. Try to stay away from the searches if you can! We have enough anxiety during pregnancy. :)

Thank you and I agree I came here instead of going to google as you can search a simply flu and end up with the black plague or whatever ahha! So I rather not but thought I would vent my worry here instead and still have not been near google as much as my brain keeps wanting to have a snoop haha

I didn't have them while pregnant but I have had multiple cysts, they come and go. Doctor told me it's no big deal they will come and go. It's really common. It might grow a little before it shrinks and goes away so If it doesn't grow significantly, I wouldn't get freaked out. I had mine on and off for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->