First scan today - going alone :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Tia, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Tia

Tia 1 DS and Expecting # 2

Well, as the title says, I am going to my scan myself. My DH is working away from home and we couldn't get the date changed for him going. My Mum is on holiday and my MIL is really ill and I haven't told anyone else I'm pregnant yet. I'm really scared about going myself. I have had a bad feeling for a few weeks now and although I still have quite a few symptoms, I don't feel pregnant at all. I don't want to invite someone else along in case it is bad news.

2. 5-a-side

5-a-side Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you have to go alone today :hugs:

3. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

ive been to both my early scan and 12 wk scan alone, DH got the day off but my scan was too early in the morning to be dragging the kids out and my hospital doesnt like kids at the scans anyway

4. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

Hun I went to my early scan alone today too. It isn't as bad as you might think. My dh is working away too and mum had to watch my kids. Try not to worry.

5. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

awww hun, i'm sure you DH is very upset he cannot be there

6. Jennifaerie

Jennifaerie Mummy to 1, baking #2

:hugs: can you video the scan at all? Just thinking it would be nice for him to see it xx what time's your scan

7. TiredNurse27

TiredNurse27 expecting number 2 (lol)

I'll be going alone, I think you'll be surprised how many women are sitting there waiting alone. Doing a video is a really good idea!

Having no symptoms isn't a bad sign. Come back later and update us all on the news ;)

8. 8868dee

8868dee Active Member

:hugs:aww im sorry you have to go alone today :hugs: i will be having to go to my 12wk scan alone as dh is a submariner in navy and will be away for 4mths. :(

hope u get on ok today :thumbup::flower:

9. Tia

Tia 1 DS and Expecting # 2

Thanks girls. Just back and everything was fine. Worrying about nothing! I wish I'd seen the comment about videoing it before I went! Am going to email him the scan pics if I can work my new scanner :dohh:

10. farmerswifey

farmerswifey Well-Known Member

So glad everything is ok Tia! Im sure your OH will be able to go to the 20 week scan? Its a shame he missed out but at least the news is good to report back to him!!

Lots of love xxxx